□ Chapter 53

□ □ □

□ □ □

The spotlight dimmed as the lights illuminated the hall. The scrapping of wheels halted all the breaths in the room and eyes hooked on three people who glared at each other with a period-old vengeance. Two people watched one with the fire of injustice that was bestowed on them without a trial.

They were pushed into the puddle of miseries.

All because they trusted a person who wasn't meant to be trusted.

"Did he disappoint you with being alive?" Akshara asked with a snarl. "Do tell us, princess. We, peasants, couldn't afford to hurt you."

Nandini started with a gaping mouth, lips trying to form words as the shock rendered her speechless. "I did nothing. They are lying."

"Shut up!" Akshara roared "They lied? Seriously! You will keep this façade continued? Have some shame, Nandini."

"Akshi." Her words were cut off.

A harsh slap resonated the walls and back with others averting their gaze away.

"You lost the right to call me that." Akshara pushed her harshly. "Call me that again and I shall kill you with my bare hands, Nandini. No insults hurt me but that name from you." She ate her lower lip to stop the whimper. "You snatched everything from me. My family, my fortune, my life, and my love. I feel the bile rise in my throat each time I recall the amount of trust I had put in you. I considered you my best friend, my confidante but you backstabbed me. At least betrayers have a class. But you, you were the worst of them."

"I didn't mean to hurt you." Nandini shook her head as the tears rolled down her face, palms clenched as the words reverberated in the emptiness.

"Hurt?" Akshara wiped her tears harshly and yanked her closer to Jay who sat with a blank face. "Do you see him? He is alive yet he is not with me. He remembers nothing. For the last 10 months, he is like a corpse who is breathing but holds nothing, not even me. You snatched his life. He left me alone to battle with this loss. I lost my unborn child because of you and you say you didn't wish to hurt me?"

She breathed heavily.

"I wished to kill you for snatching my happiness but I curse you." She sneered "You will never die in peace. Death isn't for you. You are a monster who couldn't see her best friend happy, who could stoop so low that she destroyed her whole life. I curse you."

"Oh, shut up." Nandini shrugged out of her hold, words abrasive. "Who are you even? You are a gullible loser who could be easily brainwashed against the person you claimed to love. I did a lot of things but you let them happen to you. I paid those girls to get Jay drunk and pose that he was cheating on you and you believed them. I planted that maid and those hotel staff who told you about his drinking habits. Did you once believe him? He kept begging you to give him a chance but you kicked him out of your life. Now do not act as a victim here when you couldn't trust your boyfriend."