[17]

No words could possibly describe the pain I am experiencing right now

No words could possibly describe the pain I am experiencing right now. Though I tumbled down the stairs hitting steps on the way down, I fell right on the left side of my rib cage when finally hitting the marble at the bottom. That probably caused the cracking noise.

I stare at the ceiling trying to breathe. Every breath I take, a terrible pain shoots through my body. Why is it so hard to breathe? 

Tears blur my vision but I make out a frantic Ares appearing in front of me. 

"C-can't... b-rea-the..." I pant to Ares, trying to get air into my lungs.

I must have knocked the wind out of myself as well. I clutch my ribs in agony, kicking my legs back and forth. It's probably stupid to be moving so much, but the amount of pain I am in right now, makes me want to flail and scream. To busy trying to breathe I wrath around on the floor instead of screaming. By now I'm hyperventilating.

"shit. shit. shit.... MATTEO!" Ares screams finally coming to his senses after staring at my body in shock.

Through my peripheral vision I see Ares begin pacing. As I continue to hyperventilate, I notice the rest of my brothers storm into the room. 

"What the hell happened?" Luca asks completely caught off guard taking the scene before him in.

For once, I'm actually grateful Lorenzo is in the room, I feel like he is the best at handling situations like these. He seems to always have his emotions in check making it easier to handle high-pressure scenarios. 

"We were talking upstairs a-and sh-she fell all the way down. She says she can't breathe." Ares frantically explains, motioning to the stairs above me.

Matteo suddenly appears infront of my line of vision. He also has a worried look on his face.

"Parker, sweetie, I need you to take deep slow breaths. Okay? Can you do that with me?" Matteo says scanning my body for visible injuries. 

I try to follow his command but it's near impossible to inhale deeply without agonizing pain. 

"Can you tell me what hurts the most?" He asks instead seeing my evident pain.

"R-ribs." I cry out still clutching my side.

"Okay bambina, I need you to let go so I can take a look." Matteo informs.

I frantically shake my head. No! They aren't supposed to know. 

However given my certain circumstance, I give little fight when Lorenzo gently moves my hand away. Where did he come from? One second he was just over with Ares. I glance to where they once were standing only to realize now everyone is surrounding me. I do not like this attention.

I look back at Lorenzo with pleading eyes, silently begging him not to raise my shirt. Of course, it didn't work. 

Sharp intakes of breath is all I hear as my ribs are finally revealed. I don't dare look at their faces, I keep my eyes squeezed shut- partly because of the pain.