[25]

My eye flutter open to be met with a room that is not my own

My eye flutter open to be met with a room that is not my own. Oh my gosh, I'm in Lorenzo's room. Last night's events suddenly rush back to me. From the nightmare, my brothers barging in, rejecting Matteo, to finally seeking comfort with Lorenzo, I really am a terrible sister.

Yawning, I sit up in Lorenzo's bed, keeping the covers pulled high. It may be childish, but it provides safety for me. I can always hide under the covers if all else fails.

My eyes take in my surroundings. I have never been in Lorenzo's room before. Granted last night, but I was too preoccupied panicking to take in his room then.

His room is definitely much bigger than mine, and I already have too much space to begin with. I notice he has three doors as well - most likely to the bathroom, closet, and hallway. His room has a dark theme to it, which doesn't surprise me.

A couch is situated in the corner, opposite his bathroom door. To be honest, it looks brand new. I don't think Lorenzo lounges around much. Everything in his room looks pristine, not a speck of dust in sight.

Lastly, my eyes wander to an office. It looks as if this office at one point was entirely a seperate room. However, whatever barrier separated it is long gone now. Come to think of it, how many offices does Lorenzo have? He has one downstairs, one in his room, probably one on the third floor. Not to mention when he goes to work, wherever work is.

Bookshelves cover the three walls surrounding the large oak desk, floor to ceiling is covered with literature. I wonder if Lorenzo has read all those books?

"Good morning bambina, or should I say good afternoon." I hear the familiar voice of my eldest brother greet.

He sits behind the desk with his laptop open. Was he there the entire time?

"-erm- thanks.." I respond not knowing what to say.

Is he mad I slept till noon? I can't tell if he was trying to be funny.

"You didn't go to work?" I suddenly ask realizing.

He never skips work. I'm pretty sure work is the most important thing in this man's life. I rarely ever see him because of it.

Closing his laptop, Lorenzo stands from his chair moving infront of the desk to lean against it.

"I wanted to have a chat with you." He says scanning my face.

A chat with me? Chatting is something you do over coffee, not something you skip work for.

"You are far too young to be worrying about work." Lorenzo says seeing my still confused face.

I open my mouth to rebelde but am cut off by Lorenzo.

"it is handled, Parker." He says with a firm tone, indicating to leave it.

I remain silent. If he wants to have a chat with me, what's stopping him? I have a feeling his hesitance means this chat won't be fun - for either of us.