[18]

The next few hours consisted of Matteo running countless tests on me, I mean the full nine yards

The next few hours consisted of Matteo running countless tests on me, I mean the full nine yards. I guess, they didn't trust me. I don't blame them, even while in immense pain I tried to hide my injuries from them. 

I'm just terrified that when they find out the full extent of my past with James, they'll think me of an even more weak and pathetic girl. I don't want them to get rid of me. Although, I have only spent a few days with them, they are already starting to feel like family. 

In the future, I can already dream of making memories with them, like I did when mom was still alive.

For the past hour or so, Matteo left to go talk to my brothers. My best guess is they are discussing my results. He told me to get some rest in the meantime. Having just woke up from a nap, I no longer feel the full extent of whatever pain relief Matteo gave me. 

The door to my room opening catches my attention. Speak of the devil, here comes all five of my brothers. They don't look to happy. 

I watch them all enter, shutting the door behind them. Lorenzo and Matteo pull a chair up next to me while Bruno and Luca share the couch. Ares, per usual, leans against the wall with his arms crossed. Do they even understand how intimidating they are?

"Hey bambina, how's your pain?" Matteo asks breaking the tense silence. 

"'s okay" I reply shrugging my shoulder- big mistake. I let out a wince at the action.

Matteo doesn't reply, instead he stands up and empties a syringe into my IV - my best guess more pain medicine. I immediately feel relief and offer Matteo a grateful smile.

"Okay, time to discuss your injuries." Matteo announces sitting back in his chair. 

Oh boy, here it comes.

"Your ribs display bruising that is not recent. Therefore, when you fell, the pressure caused the weaken bones to fracture." Matteo pauses releasing a heavy sigh.

"Unfortunately, a fragment of the bone punctured your left lung. To treat this I will have to insert a chest tube." He finishes.

Umm.. a chest tube? That sounds like its gonna hurt.

"Chest tube?" I meekly repeat.

"Basically I will be inserting a small tube into your side. It will act as a drain to get any unwanted stuff out of your lung while your body naturally heals and reinflates." Matteo responds clearing dumbing it down for me to understand.

"Ok....um.. is it gonna h-hurt?" I muster up the courage to ask.

Matteo releases another long sigh.

"I won't lie, bambina. A chest tube insertion is very painful." He tells me.

I audibly gulp.

"I do not want to put you under anesthesia because your body is too weak. It would risk damaging your body further." He continues.