[54]

A smirk comes to my face as I look at the state of my youngest brother

A smirk comes to my face as I look at the state of my youngest brother. His mouth is filled with gaus while ice packs are strapped to either side of his face. Bruno helps him move from his wheelchair to the sofa in Parker's room.

Luca has been due to have his wisdom teeth removed for some time now. It being Thanksgiving break and having one sibling already in the hospital, I figured now would be as good as time as any.

With Parker out of serious danger, I feel capable of supervising Luca as he recovers from his brief anesthesia. Plus, him being high out of his mind provides much needed comedic relief.

Moving my gaze from Luca who now snuggles a pillow, I face a worried Parker. Of course, she doesn't know what happened.

Luca's okay, he got his wisdom teeth removed.

I quickly write on her notepad to ease her worry.

Reading my note, I see her tense body relax. However, she still looks as confused as ever.

Everybody has four teeth on the back bottom of their mouths. Sometimes people need to get them removed because they can cause problems. It's super common and Luca will be back to himself in a few days.

I write, trying my best to explain it to her.

My explanation seems to please her as she nods her head approvingly. She reaches towards her bouquet of flowers, plucking one from the middle. She turns back to me, handing it to me. Once in my grasp, she points towards Luca, indicating it's for him. So thoughtful.

Parker watches me as I approach Luca, tapping him on the shoulder to gain his attention.

"Ahh, no peanut butter!" Luca shouts, punching his fist into the air.

Like I said, comedic relief.

"Parker wants you to have this flower." I state, completely ignoring his random outburst.

As I hold it out for him to take, he narrows his eyes suspiciously.

"No peanut butter? Just jelly?" He asks.

I stifle a laugh.

"Yep, just jelly." I confirm.

Seeming satisfied with my answer, Luca takes the flower from my hand. He then decides to stuff it down his shirt. Weird.

I make my way back to Parker, resuming my position sitting next to her bed. Reid holds back his laugh as he writes to Parker explaining what just went down.

Parker's laugh fills the room as she reads about Luca's silly behavior. The sound is like music to my ears. However, it is short lived because she soon winces at the feeling of her still very painful injuries constricting.

This leads me to finding a nurse because I'm sure she is due for more pain medication. As more medication is administered, I escort Reid back to his brothers, making sure to thank him for his thoughtfulness towards my little sister.

I'm glad she has an amazing friend like him.

Finally feeling as though I have some sort of plan, I make my way towards Parker's room, ready now to give her my undivided attention

As it approaches the early hours of the morning, I know she'll be asleep but at least I can be there for when she wakes up.

Matteo and Bruno went back home to deal with Luca as I reassured them I would stay with Parker. To be honest I don't know where Ares has currently gone to, but I'm sure he will turn up in the morning.

Walking into Parker's room, I give a brief nod to Remo and Milo who stand guarding her door. As I enter, my ears are met with the rhythmic beeping of her machines. A sound that may be annoying to some, but reassuring to me.

I make myself comfortable on the sofa, although exhausted I remain vigilant. I allow myself to rest my eyes, but make sure I'm ready if my sorellina needs me.

---

Soft whimpering causes my eyes to open. I quickly take in my surroundings, noting only a few hours could have passed as the sun has yet to rise.

Knowing the cries can only be coming from one person, I make my way over to the chair beside Parker's bed.

As I approach, I can see the tears streaming down Parker's eyes, making my heart hurt for her.

"Enzo p-please." Parker sobs, noticing me for the first time.

I frantically scan her body, trying to find the problem.

"What's wrong bambina? How can I help?" I respond immediately.

She squirms her body restlessly.

"It's itchy..... It's s-so itchy." She hiccups in response.

Instantly, I know what she's referring to.

"Your burns?" I clarify.

Sniffling, she nods her head.

"I'm so sorry, piccola. With severe burns, like yours, they can get really itchy. But it's okay, that means they are healing." I try to reassure her.

She lifts her broken arm, desperately trying to relive the sensation on her burnt arm. However, she winces as she moves it. Parker screams in frustration, her tears continuing to fall.

"Parks, you can't itch it, they need to heal." I tell her, wiping the tears from her face.

Ever so gently, I run my fingers over her bandaged burn, trying to relieve the itch. Eventually, her body relaxes and her breathing slows down, so I take my hand away.

"No, please. It h-helps." She whispers, with her eyes closed.

Immediately, I resume the action, satisfied that I can do something, anything, to help her.

"Guess what?" I ask her, matching her quiet tone.

She slowly opens her eyes, still glistening with tears.

"What?" She responds.

I frown at the lack of energy surrounding her tone. My poor bambina is so worn out.

"Your hearing came back." I tell her, smiling.

Parker's eyebrows raise as my words finally seem to register, a smile rests on her face.

"You might be sensitive to noise for a little bit, so make sure to let me know if anything is too loud, okay?" I tell her, as I continue to gently rub her shoulder.

She mumbles yes, drifting back to sleep.

I kiss her forehead, and prepare myself for a long night. A long sleepless night of running my fingers along the bandages adorning her burnt shoulder. However, my sleep is a small sacrifice to make.

Because, I will do anything for Parker, my sorellina.

[word count 1060]