550-554

Chapter 550: Another Wrong Move From Wu Zhiheng – 1

It was already 4:00 pm by the time Fu Zhi and Lu Jingqing returned to the villa.

All of the bosses had exchanged WeChat IDs with Lu Jingqing when they were at the Lucky Cloud Pavilion. Even though a few hours had passed, they were still sending him messages, asking if he had arrived home as well as greeting him again. This was the reality. Everyone hit, stomped, or stepped on a man when he fell from grace, and they would begin currying favor with him when he rose up again.

Lu Jingqing replied to some of them and entered the villa.

Fu Zhi was exhausted. She had pulled an all-nighter playing with her phone last night, and she needed sleep right now.

After Lu Jingqing told Xu Wei everything that happened in the Lucky Cloud Pavilion today, he turned to Fu Zhi and said, “It’s all thanks to Fu Zhi. If she didn’t follow me to the stone gambling festival, with those experts that I brought, I might not be able to get anything today.”

Fu Zhi shook her head. “You don’t have to thank me, dad. After all, we’re a family, right?”

Lu Jingqing was stunned, but he regained his senses very soon. He nodded firmly as he asked, “I believe you’re tired. Go and take some rest. We will let you know when the dinner is ready.”

Xu Wei then hurriedly chimed in, “Yes, yes, yes! Zhizhi, you should go and take a nap. Don’t play with your phone anymore, and I’ll call you up later.”

Fu Zhi nodded and she went back to her room to take a nap.

After roughly an hour—she couldn’t tell—she was woken up by a series of sounds of pots and pans falling around.

Fu Zhi went downstairs in bewilderment, and then she saw Xu Wei, who was holding a bat and was having a battle with a fish in the kitchen. It seemed to Fu Zhi that Xu Wei was trying to kill the fish by batting its head, but she kept missing her target. In the end, it was the fish itself that rammed its head against her bat to free itself from this endless torture.

Fu Zhi did not know what to say.

Xu Wei was a little bit frustrated as she talked to the person through the phone.

“Didn’t I tell you to send deer blood and mutton by tonight? What? No! I can’t wait that long! Yes, you’ve got to send those ingredients to me by tonight. My family is exhausted and I have to cook something nice to invigorate them...”

The man said, “We only have bull pizzle with us right now, and the effect is immediate. If you still think it’s not enough, you can get some Viagra from the hospital...”

“What? No! It’s not for my husband!” Xu Wei explained. She did not think her husband needed those as well. “Anyway, just send whatever you have to me. Let me know when you’re here. I’ll send my men to pick those ingredients from you.”

Xu Wei was wearing an apron and she looked just like a loving mother. It was just that there was something Fu Zhi did not understand. If she was not going to use those ingredients on Lu Jingqing, who else was she going to use them on?

Was her father getting cuckolded by his wife?

Was it because she gave her mother too much money recently, and she had become bad?

Just when Fu Zhi was trapped in her own thoughts, Xu Wei had already put the fish in a bowl.

Then, she caught a glimpse of her daughter on the staircase, who appeared to be confused. She waved her hand at her daughter and handed a bowl of turtle soup to her. Her eyes were filled with so much affection as she patted Fu Zhi’s cheek and said, “Deer blood and mutton will arrive later. You can have this first...”