Chapter 6

Cecil looked at the unconscious girl in Leon's arms and his face turned white. He stuttered, "W-what is she doing with you?"

Leon chuckled as he came forward to Cecil. "It would have been easier if you had just told me that she was the one."

Cecil stepped back, his hands turning into fists. "What do you mean?"

The vampire left Olivia seated on a couch and glanced at Cecil. "Cecil, I thought you would help me to find her."

By that time, Cecil's hands were shaking. There were small beads of sweat on the bridge of his nose.

When he said no word, Leon muttered, "Did you know something?"

Cecil stayed quiet for a while and sighed. He said in a near-whisper, "I had my suspicions, but I never thought they would be right."

The red-haired man stood still, his face still pale in disbelief and shock. He did not move, nor did say a word. Leon sat on the floor and leaned against the wall. A moment of silence passed by.

Cecil broke the silence and uttered, "Why did you bring her back here?"

"She does not believe me now. Mrs Leroy definitely knows everything. Ophelia cannot help believing her."

Cecil did not say another word, as if he did not hear what Leon had said. Instead, he walked to where Olivia was seated, unconscious. There was a bruise on the bridge of her nose which made Cecil look worried. He turned to Leon, who was still sitting on the floor, almost dozing off.

"What happened to her?" asked Cecil with a look of concern. Leon jerked at the sudden sound of his voice and looked at Olivia. He snickered and said, "She is quite a reckless girl."

Cecil waited for Leon to say more, but it went in vain. His eyes were dull; his gaze was fixed on Olivia. He ran his fingers through her hair and caressed her head.

Out of the blue, Cecil whispered, "To be honest, I never wanted to let her go."

With a sigh, he jumped onto his bed and pulled the blanket over his head. He muttered, "Do whatever you want with her."

"I will take her to her home at midnight."

Leon felt wry hearing the sudden change in Cecil's mind. He could understand why Cecil did not want to let her go, but it could not be avoided.

"On the day she was missing, a peculiar man came to me. He was asking if I knew a girl named Ophelia Silverton. Of course, I said no," said Cecil in a weak voice.

Though Leon was amused to hear it, he did not say anything in return. The two of them did not talk to each other the rest of the night. Leon spent his time wondering. Minutes stretched to hours and Leon knew it was finally time to leave.

Taking Olivia in his arms, he stretched his raven black wings out and flew out of the house. The roads were empty and quiet. Leon was able to move freely without the fear of getting caught.

Within a short time, he had arrived at his destination. It was a small house with a yard full of flowering plants. Leon landed in the yard and looked around for a while. Later, he opened the front door silently and entered the house. Though it was dark inside, Leon could walk effortlessly. He was a nocturnal being after all.

Entering a small room, Leon found a teenage girl in her slumber. He walked to the bed with Olivia in his arms. He laid the girl on the bed, beside the teenager.

Goodbye, for now.

He walked out of the house and closed the door. Stretching his wings out, he rose and disappeared into the sky.