Chapter 18

Leon put on a disguise as soon as he stepped out of the house. He took a deep breath and walked hastily on the empty road. Two or three passers-by were seen every now and then, but it did not matter to him. He knew he was being watched.

He raised his head up slightly and looked at the sky from the corner of his eye. A colossal tower stood not far away; a royal guard watching him from the top. Leon smirked and walked on.

The man in disguise stopped when he reached a glass dome of green hues. He sighed and knocked on the front door. The last time he met her was when he brought Ophelia there. Danielle was arrested after Leon escaped that day. She was released soon, but the king was always watching her.

Danielle opened the door and a wry smile appeared on her face. She asked as he stepped in, "What brings you here?"

Leon sat on a couch and replied, "I want to apologize for what happened."

When Leon and Ophelia had left Danielle's place earlier, she was arrested for confining a wanted person. She was released soon after having a personal conversation with the king, which remained a mystery to many. Since it was hidden from the public, the secret died. Danielle still had certain restrictions.

The witch sat in front of him and stared into his eyes. She knew very well that he had not come for an apology.

Before starting to talk, Leon cleared his throat. "I came here to know about something. A dragoness, to be exact."

Danielle's expression changed. Her eyebrows rose in curiosity. "What is it?"

"This dragoness lives under the ground in the ruins of Silverton. Her name is Cuseiphin, has white scales and blue eyes. I have searched for her name in several libraries in the last few days, but I could not find anything. It is as if nobody knows about her."

The witch frowned and got absorbed in thought for a while. She looked at Leon with a sheepish grin. "I don't remember seeing the name Cuseiphin in any book or hearing it from anyone."

"Are you sure? I thought you knew everything about Nordlys."

Danielle stood up and walked back and forth, rubbing her hands. "Where did you get to know about Cuseiphin?"

"I saw her in person when I went to Silverton. I found her when I was searching for the Foretelling of Destruction in the central library. She was protecting the book," said Leon, rolling his eyes.

At that point, Danielle's jaw dropped. "You did all of that and not think of telling me?"

"How could I? You were in prison around that time."

Danielle sat down with a frustrated sigh. The atmosphere became uncomfortable, so Danielle asked, "I need to see Cuseiphin. Will you take me to her?"

Leon scoffed. "Take you to her? She despises me for no reason, and on top of that, do you really think the king will let you get out of the city? You should be happy that he made your sentence short."

A groan of frustration came from Danielle and Leon got up. "I should get going," he said.

"Wait, I have something for you." Saying that, she brought a piece of paper. Giving it to him, she said, "You asked me to get it."

Leon looked at the paper and found out that it was an identity card. A fake one for Ophelia. For the last six years, he had been using countless fake identities to hide. Now it was Ophelia's time to do the same. He smiled lightly and said, "Thank you, Dania."

Before he left, Danielle told him with a grim voice, "Evan is desperate to see you."

Leon said nothing more. Getting back into his disguise, he left the place.