Chapter 4 - New Friends

"New Friends "

Hurray for the new chapter!!!

Enjoy reading!!!

Unlike yesterday, breakfast is now served in the kitchen. The smell of freshly brewed coffee was so enticing that Naruto hurried down fast like a ninja and settled himself to the seat across Jiraiya who is reading a newspaper. He grabbed a plate and filled it with toasted bread,four strips of bacon and two sunny side up.

"I did not know you can cook pop!" Naruto said as he help himself with a strip of bacon.

"I live by myself, its a necessity boy" his godfather explained attention still at the newspaper.

"Then I should learn how to cook too ei?!" Naruto stopped, realizing that in two years time he'll be living by himself back in Tokyo.

"Naruto, you know that you are like a son to me, you can stay here even after you turned 18, I am not forcing you to leave" Jiraiya said putting down his newspaper.

Naruto did not answer, instead he grabbed a toasted bread and shoved it to his mouth.

"Can you prepare ramen tonight pop, its been a while since I ate one?" he asked instead while finishing his plate.

" Ramen?!, eh, I would love to but I'll be out tonight until tomorrow afternoon, I have a meeting with my editor in Shibuya"

Jiraiya explained as he emptied his cup of coffee.

"Eeeh?! You'll leave me here alone!!! No fare old man!" Naruto almost spit his coffee.

"Its just one night boy, if you like you can invite some of your classmates here,

there'll be no classes tomorrow right" Jiraiya replied.

"Wha- mmm yeah its the *Golden Week after all. Yosh! This will be fun I'll invite Kiba over"

Naruto said excitedly.

"So we're good?" Jiraiya said, as he reach his pocket and hand Naruto some money.

"Here, go have the best ramen tonight, there is one good ramen stall in town pay them a visit" Jiraiya winked.

"Dattebayou!!! You sure old man?" Naruto yelled in disbelief.

"Never been sure, -off you go kid, time is ticking I'll just message you later!"

"Thanks pops! See you tom! I'll leave now!" Naruto said as he stood up and ran outside the house.

He did not asked Jiraiya to send him to school today, he learned that school is not that far and he can reach it in just 20 minutes by walking. Yesterday, Kiba, Sai and Shino asked him if he would like to join them on their way home, the three happened to live near Jiraiya's place. Naruto is more than willing, right now having friends is what he needs the most.

"Uzumaki!" someone called him from behind. Naruto turned around to see who it was.

"Yo! Kiba!" He greeted his running classmate.

"C'mon bro lets pump it up! Remember Kakashi sensei reminded us to be at school 10 mins before the actual time" Kiba said panting. "I know a shortcut, follow me" Kiba started to run again

"Wha?! Wait! Kiba! " and he quickly fasten his pace and the next thing he knew he is already running along side Kiba.

Not until they passed the Hyuuga mansion, Naruto slowed his pace and admire the structure. Something in this house really fascinates him.

Kiba noticed his classmate's change of speed, he ran back and turn his gaze to what caught Naruto's attention.

"Seriously? C'mon Naruto we don't have time for this! I know someone who can take you in there if you want" Kiba pulled Naruto's bag.