Chapter 21 - The Date

The Date

"So what is the real score?" the raven haired best friend of mine laid his magazine down at the glass coffee table in front of me.

I looked at the magazine, at the cover was LeBron James, sweat all over his face probably taken after their match. "Score? What score? I don't watch NBA Idiot, you know that!" I respond, If it weren't for his ever famous head band I would not even recognize LeBron, NBA fans may hate me but they all look the same to me really.

He sat down at the vacant chair facing me and gave me a sharp gaze. "Dork! ... your score with that lovely runner?" he asked and reach my cup of coffee.

"Lovely Runner ? Who? ... Hinata?" and now he is giving her an alias. "Should I tell you?... and I paid for this I believe." I said as I snatch back my cup from his hand.

"Scumbag... C'mon Naruto... tell me" He smirked and this time reached for my muffin and took a huge bite.

"Okay, okay just don't mess with my foods" If it is ramen he is snatching away I will not leave this place without a fight. Its good that we are just having a late night talk here in *Starbucks just a few meters away from our hotel.

He smirk and return the half bitten muffin.

"Actually... I don't know" I paused. "That's it.. " I continued.

"Want me to punch you straight in the face? What "That's it!" , What kind of an answer is that" he growl and slammed the coffee table making some customers seating near glance at us.

"What's the big deal man?" I mocked, Seriously what is his problem?

He leaned his body forward to close our distance, Our faces just inches away. "Oi Naruto, you should make your move fast... that girl you have there is one of a kind I tell you"he mumbled.

I pull myself away from his face and rested by back to the softness of my chair, somebody might think we're going to kiss each other.

"Geeez... you think I don't know?" I sighed. "Sasuke, We've known each other since we were eating mud in the playground, you know I haven't been into this kind of situation"

"That is why I am asking you moron.. "

"Take it away lover boy... I forgot you have your own brigade of fan girls to choose from" I sneered.

"Funny... " his face now deadly, I know how he hates his fan girls even talking about them makes his blood boil.

"Well, I already asked her for a date ... and its tomorrow" I picked the muffin and took a bite.

"So what's the plan"

I looked at him.

"Should I have one?"

Sasuke face palmed himself.

The Next Morning

My phone started to beep louder and louder, standing in front of the big glass window I turned and pick it up from my bed, it keeps on flashing the message:

Date with Hinata today .. Dattebayou!!!

I gave a generous amount of time eyeing my phone's screen, still can't believe that it is really happening today, it drew a smile to my lips.