Deal with Death

Weeks had passed as I hung around Hell most of the time. Castile had pretended to kill my dad so I had to pretend to be upset with the boys. Which I really wasn't. I've seen them on and off a few times since then but not for anything fun. Those dummy's really used me to help them when they were in a pickle. Humans really were pretty damn helpless. I was relaxing in a bath, candles lit everywhere. I let out a long relaxed sigh. My dad and I were slowly getting bits and pieces of where purgatory was and the boys had no idea he was still alive and well. I did hate working with feathers he was so self righteous I almost couldn't stand it. I started humming happily as the almost boiling water soothed my muscles. Always liked a hot bath after a torture session.
I decided to feel for the boys and noticed they weren't together. Sam was fine but Dean,he felt like he was slipping away. I sat up in the tub and felt his life fade.
"The hell?" I said to myself and got out of the tub. I grabbed a black sundress and threw it on then zapped to him. He was on a table with IVs in him and two people. A young woman and an old man in a doctors coat. They both looked up at me. "What are you doing to him?" I asked angrily as my eyes turned black and I held out my hand. The man put his hands up and explained Dean arranged this. I lowered my hands and watched as they injected something in him.
"This better work or you two are dead meat," the man nodded as we looked down at Dean who took in a big gasp.
"Oh thank Moses," the man said and Dean looked at him.
"Couldn't give me 5 more seconds?"
"Son. You were gone for seven minutes. Long enough to have someone come check on you," he told him. Dean looked over at me as I glared at him with my eyes still black.
"Hilda?" He asked sitting up slowly.
"Yeah, thanks for interrupting my bath asshole!" I told him as I poked his chest with my finger. "Hard to relax when I feel you dying," I crossed my arms.

—————

Dean just looked up at her noticing her skin was a bit damp and so was the ends of her hair. She must have come in a rush. Dean smirked.
"So you didn't want me to die?" She froze before turning her eyes back to green.
"Not unless I'm the one killing you," she said quickly as she turned her nose up. Dean couldn't help but chuckle. The doctor was watching the two interact. A demon was worried about a human enough to come check things out. That was a first and he'd been in this line of work for a long time.
"Well, I'm fine so you can go," Dean said as he started putting his shirt back on. Hilda turned her head to look at Dean.
"I don't think so. Why the hell did you want to fake die anyway? I don't trust you. You're stuck with me." She said and Dean sighed.
"Fine."
"Good. It's gross in here I'll wait outside," Hilda said then zapped out. Dean sighed and glanced over at the doctor.
"What?" Dean asked.
"You and that demon." He spoke. "You two together?" He asked curiously. Dean chuckled.
"No. She works cases with us. That's all,"
"Boy you can't lie to me. The attraction from you two just oozes off,"
"Whatever," Dean said picking up his things. "Thanks." And off he went. Dean met Hilda outside and then explained everything. That he did that to talk to Death and that they came to a deal for Sams soul.
"I'm so jealous. You got to meet and talk to Death twice. He sounds so cool," Hilda said as she looked over at Dean as he drove.
"Maybe for a demon but for as a human. I was shitting bricks. One wrong move and I'm jello," he told her.
"He can kill anyone Dean. Even a demon."
A few moments of silence passed before Dean spoke up.
"So, how are you doing?" He asked her making her cock an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" she asked him.
"You know. Since your dad-"
"Let's not talk about that okay? I try not to think about it," she told him.
"Okay," and with that it was quiet again. Hilda had her elbow resting on the car door as she looked out the window. Dean kept stealing looks at her. This was the least put together he'd seen her. Even when she's come out of a shower when they were on hunts she had her hair done and makeup on. He could see her freckles a bit better without makeup and her hair was a bit frizzy and all over the place. Hilda felt Dean looking at her and she turned toward him.
"What?" She asked him annoyed.
"Nothing. I just. Never seen you like this," he said truthfully as he looked back to the road. With that Hilda's face flushed. She hadn't done anything when she felt him dying she just threw on her dress and flip flops then went. She must look hideous to him now.
"Yeah well, I can't always be dressed up to come save your ass," she shouted.
"It wasn't an insult," Dean said. "I kind of like your face without so much make up," he quietly admitted to her.
"What are you babbling about. Just drive," she said making Dean look over at her again. This time he saw the small blush across her face. Dean shook his head as he drove. He can't be thinking this shit about her. She's a demon and they can't be anything more then fuck buddies. She couldn't even feel things like love without a soul. I'm nothing more then a toy to her, he thought.
Hilda's heart was beating in her chest. What the hell was this bullshit? Feelings for a stupid human. And Dean Winchester at that. No damn way. She couldn't let that happen and she didn't want that to happen. Last time she felt like this it was with Lucifer and that turned out to be worse then Hell. She couldn't let herself fall for someone. Especially a hunter. She looked over at him as he drove. She couldn't take it and just zapped out. Dean looked over at the now empty seat and sighed.
Eventually Dean got to Bobby's and told him and Sam about the deal. Being death for 24 hours and getting sams soul back with a wall. Even if it was a temporary fix at least it was something. Dean slid the ring on and the 24 hours began.

Hilda was back in Hell with her dad and they continued with the plan of trying to find purgatory. Crowley did notice his daughter more off in thought then normal.
"Everything okay Poppet?" He asked making her look toward him.
"Yeah, why?" She asked him looking up from the paperwork she was helping him with.
"You're here but your mind is elsewhere," he said and she sighed.
"It's nothing I'm fine. Just bored out of my mind." She lied. Crowleys eyes narrowed. He knew that look in her eyes. That's how she was when she started dating Lucifer, like she was making a list in her head if possible outcomes of the scenario. 
"So, you're not seeing anyone? No one who loves flannel?" He asked her.
"Excuse me?! No. I'm not seeing anyone. Especially not one of the winchesters," she scoffed. "Those two are morons."
"That's true, so what's with that look in your eye?"
"A deal didn't go through. And it was a big one. I just, thinking of how I fucked up. Okay?!" She lied. Crowley sighed.
"That's it? Who was it?" He asked.
"The fucking president," she lied. Crowley sucked his teeth believing her.
"That's rough Poppet. Give me those papers. Go relax," he said and she smiled.
"Thanks dad," he handed him the papers and left.
She let out a sigh. Sometimes she hates that her dad was so attentive with her.

_____________

Hoped you liked this chapter! I really do love writing Dean and Hilda getting closer.
Remember to rate and comment please.