ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

Accidentally slamming the door open, she cringed internally.  Paige was already 35 minutes late but she confidently walks to the big group and watches the man talk.

"Two of you will be asked to leave." He gives a pointed look to the new brunette. "This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you."

•———————•

Entering the intern locker room, she raises her eyebrows to the conversation.

"Now you think I'm gay." The young man speaks out, but quickly blushes once he saw that another woman heard that.

"Okay let's get the introductions out the way. You are?" Paige points to the young man who just mumbles 'George'.

So then she looks to the other two woman.

"Oh Meredith." The lighter brunette stutters out and shakes Paige's hand.

The Korean woman raises her eyebrow, intrigued. "Cristina Yang."

"I'm Paige." Paige announces while putting her bags into her locker.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Stevens, Avery."A random doctor enters, looking at nothing but a chart.

"Bailey?"

"End of the hall."  Paige follows the 3 interns ending up next to George.

"That's the Nazi?" The Korean woman asks, making Paige actually look at their resident. She sees a short, black woman.

"I thought the Nazi would be a guy."

"I thought the Nazi would be...the Nazi."

Another intern shows up. "Maybe it's professional jealousy. Maybe she's brilliant, and they call her Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice."

"Let me guess. You're the model."  Cristina states, but gets quickly ignored as the model intern smiles and extends her hand to the Nazi.

"Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie."

The Nazi looks Izzie up and down before speaking, "I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you, that's not gonna change."

She points to all the stuff in the desk, "Trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers. Nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run. A run, that's rule number two. Your first shift starts now and lasts forty-eight hours. You're interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain, you run labs, write orders, work every second night till you drop and don't complain!"

She opens a door, "On call rooms. Attendings hog them, sleep when you can, where you can, which brings me to rule number three, if I'm sleeping, don't wake me, unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number four, the dying patient better not be dead when I get there, not only would you have killed someone, you would have also woke me for no good reason, we clear?"

The other woman raises her hand.

"Yes."

"You said five rules. That was only four."
The Nazis pager beeped.

"Rule number five. When I move, you move. Get out of my way!" Bailey shouts at some interns in her way.

"What've we got?"

"Katie Bryce, fifteen-year-old female, new onset seizures, intermittent for the past week, ID lost en route, started grand mal seizing as we descended." The paramedic announces as Katie was put on a stretcher and into the hospital.