ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

It's been two days since the bicycle accident happened and 2 days since she gave her number to Jack.

That day, he messaged her and set up a date for 2 days later. Which was today.
So while Ariel was playing with her toys, Paige was putting some natural makeup on.

Her phone pinged so she picked it up to see a 'I'm here' from Jack, then she quickly got Ariel ready for a sleepover at their neighbours.

Their neighbour was a 32 year old called Maggie, she had dark skin with brown eyes and hair. She worked in the A&E but was always wanting to look after little Ariel.

Now saying goodbye to her daughter, Paige looks to Maggie, who has a very big grin on her face. "Damn, girl you looking great. So who's the man?"

Paige was wearing a mid thigh red dress with had a open back and a small slit on the right side. "Jack. But enough about me, when are you going to get a date?"

Maggie hums and shoos Paige away. "I'll here at 10,no later." Maggie gives her a thumbs up and watched Paige retreat down the stairs.

——————

The two have a very awkward drive to the restaurant, she tried to pick the conversation up but the nerves stopped her.

"So... what do you do?" Paige snorts, "You know what I do, we did meet at my work place."

His cheeks go a tint of pink and he picks the over largely menu to hide behind it. Paige chuckles at the action, but then gets a waitress.

Almost back to normal Jack comes out, "Hi, I would like the spaghetti bolognaise."

She looks to Jack expectedly, but he just starts stuttering over his word before mumbling some words. The waitress seemed to understand his mumbling and went away.

The two were very nervous. Paige, because she had a kid, every single date she's been on, doesn't one a kid from a different man.

Jack, because he believed that this was a great time to start looking for the one, in small words, his family demanded to go on dates.

They had eventually found the conversation that interest both and went on full detail about animals. Jack was actually a vet, he's loved animals since he was born and understood what a cat was. Paige loved animals because they were all so different in their own ways yet still can live together in harmony.

Then Jack went on about his family. His mother and father actually lived with him, since they are getting too old to look after themselves. His sister was in New Zealand, she taken a job opportunity, which had her travelling around the world. His other two brothers were in South Africa, building homes for the poor, trying to get clean water, give an education to all.

His family were tight but since his siblings move countries, they slowly lost communication.

Paige had talking about her upbringings, the best moments. She didn't have loads of those, so the conversation starting to slow down.

But by the time they had finished dinner, it was nearly 10pm. He had drove her back and was now walking her to her door.

"You seriously walk up 4 flights of stairs?"

She nods, taking deep breaths in ,"Yeah my elevator doesn't work, it hasn't worked since I've been here."

As they continue to ascend, they were in a comfortable silence, all worries seemed to drip off and peace seemed to find their hearts.

They made it to her apartment, so she looked back at Jack.

"Thank you for such a great evening." She hugs him, before giving him a cheek kiss.

Watching her go, he smiles and waves goodbye.

Words:668

a/n- I know it's short but it's kinda a filler. I've been sooo busy with schoolwork, it's actually ridiculous. Oh and yes I know it's 3 am.

But do you want to see more of Jack in the future?