ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

Paige walks continuously through the hospital hallways, till she sees Derek walking up to her.

Her eyes widen, quickly turning around and trying to walk away fast. Suddenly she feels a hand on her shoulder pushing her against the wall.

Trapped by both his arms, she watches his face with pink tinted cheeks.

"So we need to talk." She looks away from him to the hallway. The once busy hallway was as silent as the desert.

She hums, "What you saw in the elevator didn't look what it looked like." She raises her eyebrows, causing Derek to then cross his arms and sigh.

"Just promise me you won't tell anyone, it's not exactly allowed that a resident and intern can be together."

"Are you even together?" She questions, making him stutter over his words.

"Yes. Yeah, we are... maybe. I don't know. But just try it on the DL."

She snorts, now again walking down the hallway, with her friend by her side. "DL? Where'd you learn that? Don't tell me, you've tried to search up teenager slang on the internet?"

His face goes a bit red, causing her to double over in laughter. "Wait. Are you-" she laughs again, "Are you serious?"

He doesn't say anything but drags her along, while she carries on laughing.

————-

"When we walk in this door, you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit, or drop you jaw. Are we understood?" Bailey opens the door.

"Why would we laugh?" Izzie whispers to Paige.

She shrugs as Alex turns, "Oh, just you wait."

"Good morning, Miss Connors." Bailey enters the room.

"Good Morning."

As they walk in, Paige's eye widen but she quickly relaxes, remembering Bailey's speech.

"What is it?"

"Tumor." Cristina replies to George.

"Good morning, Annie. How are you? This is Dr. Bailey and these are my fellow interns." He points to the interns.

"Dr. Karev, we refer to patients as "Miss..." Bailey raises an eyebrow.

"I told him to call me "Annie." 'Miss Connors' makes me feel old and fat, which I am, but why feel that way?"

Paige turns her head to watch Burke walk in.

"Good morning."

"Annie, this is Dr. Burke" Karev looks to Annie, "Awesome surgeon."

"Dr. Karev."

" Right, Annie Connors is a 43-year-old woman who presented last night with progressive shortness of breath for the past three months. Found to have a very large tumor of unknown origin pressed against her diaphragm. Stable vital signs. Scheduled for CT this morning, sir." He announces.

"Thank you, Dr. Karev." Burke says before turning to Annie, "Are you at all claustrophobic?"

"I've been housebound for the last year. How claustrophobic could I be?" Annie jokes.

"All right then. Dr. Stevens is going to take you up for a CT. It'll give us a better look at the tumor, and we'll know how to proceed."

Annie puts a finger up, "Could someone tell my mom? She'll worry if she gets back and I'm not here."

"Yeah, of course. Of course."

"And would it be possible for Alex to take me instead?" She looks Alex up and down then to Dr Burke, "I mean, he...He's just so fun to look at."

"Sure. Sure, Ms. Connors. Excuse me."

--------------

As the interns leave the hospital room, Paige walks next to George, "How much do you think it weighs?"

"60 pounds." He answers immediately.

"More. She's carrying a whole extra person." Izzie disagrees.

"This one's going in the books. I've got to get in." Cristina smiles at Paige shaking her head.

"I almost did." Izzie nods, " Have you ever seen Alex like that? He actually seemed sincere."

""Seemed" being the operative word." Paige quickly speaks out, "But who knows?"

Alex pops next to Paige and grins, "He was on call last night when she came in. I am never leaving this place again."

Bailey looks to everyone, "Let's move, people. Ms. Connor's surgery, should we choose to proceed, will take most, if not all, of the surgeons off the floor, which means you people will have to work extra hard not to kill anyone, cause we won't be there to fix your mistakes."

a/n-

I KNOW, I KNOW.

its been a month since ive updated but i was busy.

so not my fault :)

anyways, i do have some books  which are currently being worked on so hopefully you'll like those. let me know if you'd like to know more about those...

hope you enjoy this chapter, have a good day/night!