ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

"So you do this often?" Marks asked as Paige cleaned his head wound.

"You know what, you blackmailed me, punched my friend in the face-"

"He deserved it."

"-and then force me to clean up your head and do your stitches? Nope, you can have my friend do that, you know the first woman you were talking to?" Paige throws her gloves away and walks out before he could even say anything else.

"He asked for you, Meredith." Paige buffs as she watches him try to flirt with a nurse.

As Meredith goes in, Alex turns to her, "The doc got you all hot and bothered?"

"Are you joking? It's more like the opposite, he is the most self-centered, sarcastic, prideful person I have-" Paige rants on, completely ignoring the suspicious look from George, but gets quickly interrupted by Alex,

"Is he suturing his own face?" The attention turned quickly to inside the room, where Mark was actually suturing his own face and had Meredith stand there aimlessly holding a mirror so he could see.

"And that is what I am talking about," Paige mumbled, annoyed at him for being filled with such ego and annoyed with herself because she forced Meredith to be in the same room with him.

She needed advice, but she knew she couldn't go to her friends, without knowing they 100% laugh and make fun of how she got blackmailed. So after finally escaping Mark, she notices Bailey walking towards her. Carefully going to the place without being seen, she pushed Bailey into a tight supply closet and locked it.

"What the hell?" She shouted as she turned around, only for her face to drop in annoyance. "I don't understand what this new intern game is, but you will open that door because I don't have time."

"Mark blackmailed me to go on a date."

Bailey's eyebrows drew together, "The one Derek started a fight with?"

"Well, no, I'm pretty sure Mark was the one to hit him first... Anyways that is not why I dragged you in here."

Bailey puts a hand on her hip, "Yeah well you better have a good reason, like your guts are spilling out and I don't-"

Paige pleads, "Please, I really need to talk to you. Please, Bailey."

Bailey looked into the eyes of her young intern and saw the respect she held for her and how she wasn't asking for no reason. So she let the soft spot that she had for Paige take over and sighed before sitting on the bottom of a mop bucket."Okay, let me hear it."

After the longest 5 minutes, Paige had explained the whole situation.

Bailey watched Paige pace in the small closet she dragged her in. "He blackmailed you?"

Paige nodded before stopping in front of Bailey, "Yes, and I need advice, so this is probably going to sound unprofessional but I need you to be my friend and not my boss right now. I can't talk to anyone else." Paige pleaded, watching Bailey go through every scenario of this situation.

"Well as your friend, I ask if you are ready to be in a relationship since Jack?" Before Paige could 'confidentially' say yes, her friend carried on, "I mean he is a hunk of a man and, sorry to my husband but I would take that. However, would it be a One-night stand or an actual relationship cos then you gotta think of Ariel and your job, cos you can't be in each other's pants if you working together. And God knows what you'll friends will think."

Paige just stared at Bailey, looking both shocked but proud that she managed to be her friend however dragged her hand through her hair. "I think you just complicated it more, but I appreciate your effort."

Bailey shrugged before reaching to open the door, "Well I tried. Plus if you ask me to be your boss, I would've just said no."

Paige walks as Bailey just struts out, "Oh, and you're on clean-up duty."

_——————————

After she was put on clean-up duty, she was sent to go and clean up some vomit she saw Derek walking towards her direction, "Derek!"

He turned around, hearing his name being shouted.

"Derek, are you okay? I saw you after the fight but I haven't seen you since." Paige asked as they came closer.

He waved his very bruised hand, "Yeah, I'm okay thank you. I heard you tried to stop it."

Nodding her head, she gave him a slight smile, "Well I wasn't gonna let some stranger punch you in the face unprovoked...." She saw him slowly look down to the floor, almost replaying it in his head. "I just wanted to ask if you needed any help with any cases. Bailey put me on clean-up duty but I'm pretty sure that was just to get back at me for eating her chocolate pudding this morning."

Derek laughed to himself, grateful she didn't push on the fight and reason behind it, and hooked his arm with hers, "I'm sure she'll be hiding those from you from now on, and there is a case. His name is Jake and I'm going to give him a normal life."

She shakes her head at him, smiling but also confused because she had no idea what he meant but was happy to follow him anyway. They had made their way to Jake's room before Derek completely stopped,

"Dr. Sloan, can I help you with something?"

The boy in the hospital looks at the two and smiles largely, "He says he can fix my face. He says he can make me look like normal."

Paige catches Mark's eyes and they are looking straight at her but she quickly looks away and focuses on the floor. The two, of course, started arguing again but since it was about a patient they managed to keep their cool until getting into Richard's office. She had been watching the two before glancing at the boy again. He looked so happy. He looked so happy at the thought of just having a normal life again. She knew he would get that but it would happen if the two egotistical males fighting, worked together. The boy deserved that at least.

a/n:
So it hasn't really been along the storyline but I promise we'll go back to it, just kinda wanted to introduce Marks and Paige interactions and all!

anyway, love y'all

kimi