ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵒ

"George O'Malley. You'll scrub in for an appendectomy this afternoon. Congratulations." Paige catches the last bit of the speech and watches George's face twist into confusion.

"Me?"

"Enjoy." Burke leaves and no one speaks.

"Did he say me?"

Paige walks up to him and gives him a side hug. "Congrats George."

"Oh hi. Yeah I'm George and you're Paige." He says without taking a breath but cringes once he thought about what he said. "Which you already knew."

Paige nods and hooks her arm with his and softly drags him with her. "So you're gay?"

His whole face turns red as a tomato but smiles a little when he heard her laughing.

"Wow, you should've seen your face. I'm just joking Georgie."

"Georgie?" He questions, still watching her beautiful smile.

"That's your nickname from now on. You know since, we're friends."

His smile gets brighter at the thought of being friends.

•——————-•

Paige walks in the gallery since Georgie was starting his first surgery. She goes for the best view, which was right in the middle at the front.

"He's going to faint. He's a fainter."

"Nah, code brown. Right in his pants."

"He's all about the flops, he's going to sweat himself unsterile."

"Ten bucks says he messes up the McBird."

"Twenty says he cries." Cristina bets making Paige shake her head.

"I'll put twenty on a total meltdown."

"Fifty says he pulls the whole thing off." Paige's lips turn upwards at Meredith's comment.

"That's one of us, down there. The first one of us. Where's your loyalty?"

"Seventy-five says he can't even ID the appendix." Cristina bids higher.

"I'll take that action." Izzie adds, and the others hum in agreement.

Taking the scalpel, George hears cheers from the gallery. He looks through the crowd to find her giving him a thumbs up. That was all he needed to give him enough hope.

She focuses on him instead of the chatter behind her, but she starts to notice that his patients BP was dropping."Come on, George."

All she saw was Dr Burke take over and George being pushed to the side. She wasn't sure if he needed space or not. So she decided to give him space.

After that stressed filled surgery, and needing a little pick me up, Paige decides to check up on a Pageant Queen. She walks in on Katie just watching tv.

"How's the Pageant Queen?" She asks, but creases her forehead as she starts to see Katie seizing.

She runs to the door and shouts for help. Nurses come running.