ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

Paige had to stay at the hospital for a couple more hours, so she had heard about the bicker between a Peds intern and Dr Burke. She was happy but then  a wave of jealousy hit her when she heard that Meredith was scrubbing in on the baby's surgery. Both of them had been there, if it wasn't for the car accident, she would have been in there as well.

But since it was a new day, she decided to forget all of yesterday and focus on today. She had her orders from Bailey and off she went her merry way with injured bicyclists.

Paige saw a guy with a bad open wound on his head, so she picked him.

"Hi, I'm Dr Avery."

"Hi Dr Avery. I'm Jack. I'm not sure, but do you think I'll still be able to race." He asked nervously, watching her expression change.

"Well that depends. You could have a brain bleed or that's just bleeding a lot." Paige gets some gauze, alcohol free wipes and a plaster.

"For now, we need to stop the bleeding. You'll also be sent up for a CT scan, to make sure it's not a brain bleed. After that I'll wipe it, put a plaster on and you're good to go." He nods to Paige in response and she walks off.

She watches as Jack goes on the CT bed and the machines starts moving. She waits for the scans to load.

"Um, can y'all hear me?"

She holds down the button, "Hey Jack, we can hear you. Everything okay?"

"Not really, I'm a little... no a lot claustrophobic." He heart rate starts to go higher, so she does when she gets nervous.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and you need you answer them, okay?" He heart rate was still rising and she could see him moving, but he needed to be still for the CT scan to come out properly.

"Let's start with your favourite colour?"

All she could was heavy sighing, "My favourite is blue and green. I like pink but sometimes it's too bright. Do you like pink?"

"...no, my favourite is green and blue too. But I do like black and white."

"When did you start cycling?" Paige could see his heart rate going down.

"I started when I was 15, been doing it for 10 years now." He could feel his claustrophobia start to calm down, after talking with her.

"Wow. That's a long time. And the CT scan just finished. Well done Jack." Paige walks away as the nurses help him to the bed and back to his room.

She had only got to his room 20 minutes after the scan, she decided he needed something to eat before leaving the hospital.

"I brought food." Paige balances the tray on hands with the scan between her arm and body.

While he was eating, Paige explained what the scan said and there was no brain bleed. But before she could patch him up and send him home, Bailey had paged her.

Walking up to the nurse station , she looks around to find Bailey but comes up to nothing.. As she turns around, she hears a sigh.

"What are you doing?"

"Speaking to you?" She says confused.

"No, you been talking to this one paient the whole time. You could of had two patients out already." Bailey responds, crossing her arms. She already had enough on her plate, she didn't want to add a intern falling in love with a patient.

"Oh my gosh, you think I'm into him." Paige gapped at her resident. "Why would she think that?"

"You've spent 4 hours treating him and only him. What else would it be?"

"I'm only looking after him, it's not like I've already planned our wedding and future kids." Bailey gives her a look, causing the other woman to groan in frustration.

"Forget about this. I have a patient to look after. I'll make sure to pick up more hours this week, okay?" Paige leaves before Bailey could give an answer. Leaving Bailey also in frustration.

"Sorry about that Jack. Anyways, I'll clean you up and send you on your way outta here." Paige moves the tray away, and starts putting gauze on the wound.

She could feel his eyes on her but decided to ignore it, "You will feel a little sting." She then wipe his wound with alcohol free wipes, making him hiss in pain.

She mutters a sorry and puts a plaster over it. "And that's it. You should be good to go."

She watches as he put his jacket on and heads off. He walks out the hospital, placing his hands in his pockets only to pull the little paper out.

Jack reads the message and smiles at the number. There one thing for sure and that was, he was definitely going to be calling her later tonight.

Words:848

a/n- a bit of a short one, I'm sorry.
But I'm starting to like Jack and Paige.
Let me know what you think.