━ 3 | Constant Worry and Rumours

I never thought I'd say it, but George, you're probably right.
How dare you, Novakins! I am oh so hurt by your words!

THE END OF SUMMER approached a few weeks after the incident at Flourish and Blotts

Nova spent as much time with her father as possible before the next school year started. Her Grandpa Lyall had come to visit her a few days before September first, bearing plenty of chocolates for her stash.

Tonks, her aunt Andromeda and her husband Ted had also come to visit the girl on her last days of summer vacation, hoping to spend some time with her before she headed off to her second year at Hogwarts.

Her cousin told her about her upcoming Auror classes and how she'd keep her updated throughout her training.

On the very last evening of summer, Nova and her parents spent their time at the Weasleys for dinner. Molly had conjured a sumptuous meal that included all Harry's favourite things, ending with a mouthwatering treacle pudding.

Nova and Harry devoured most of the treacle pudding by themselves since it was also one of Nova's favourites.

Fred and George rounded off the evening with a display of Filibuster fireworks. They filled the kitchen with red and blue stars that bounced from ceiling to wall for at least half an hour.

Harry watched in amusement as Nova watched the light show in awe. She was very similar to her mother in that regard, who was also watching the fireworks in amazement.

They all had a mug of hot chocolate before it was time to call it a night. The Weasleys and Harry said goodbye to the Lupins, exchanging hugs and farewells as they made their way home.

The next morning, the Lupins were awake and ready for the upcoming day relatively early. Their routine was the same since Nova could walk; Remus and Pandora would wake up at the break of dawn to get ready for the day, while Nova slept in until Remus woke her up at eight in the morning.

Pandora started breakfast roughly a half hour before Remus went to wake Nova up. It didn't take them long to finish eating, despite the occasional squawks from Rigel as he demanded to be fed.

They were out the door about an hour later, trekking their way through the woods to the Burrow.

Upon arriving, they could tell that the household was in utter chaos.

The front door was propped open for Arthur as he made his way in and out of the house, carrying trunk after trunk to his Ford Anglia, nearly tripping over a stray chicken in the process. Molly was dashing about inside, looking for spare socks and quills. People roamed around, some half-dressed with bits of toast in their hands.