━ 11 | Nicolas Flamel

❝It was pretty great, huh?❞
❝No need to be so humble, Harry.❞

THE REST OF THE HOLIDAYS went by relatively fast for Nova and her family

THE REST OF THE HOLIDAYS went by relatively fast for Nova and her family. She spent as much time with her Grandpa and Tonks as she could before they went back home. She spent the rest of the holidays with her father, enjoying their time together before she and her mother went back to Hogwarts.

Nova arrived back at Hogwarts the day before term started and was immediately informed about Harry Potter and his Holiday Adventures, along with Hermione.

Harry told Nova and Hermione all about the Invisibility Cloak and how his visit to the Restricted Section of the library led him to the Mirror of Erised. Nova was fascinated at the mention of the Cloak while Hermione was torn between being disappointed that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was, or horrified at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row.

"If Filch had caught you!" she had exclaimed.

Then Harry told Nova, Hermione, and Ron about his recent nightmares. Nova's fascination quickly turned to worry as he told them how his parents would disappear in a flash of green light while a high voice cackled with laughter.

"You see, Dumbledore was right. That mirror could drive you mad," said Ron.

The four of them had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Harry and Nova were sure they'd read the name somewhere.

Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks. Harry and Nova had even less time than the other two since Quidditch practise had started again.

Oliver was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits, and for that, Nova admired the older boy. Fred and George had complained that Oliver was becoming a fanatic, but Nova and Harry were on Oliver's side. Nova was growing a real passion for the wizard sport, so every chance she got to play, she took it.

During one particularly wet and muddy practise session, Oliver gave the team a bit of bad news. He had just gotten very angry with the Weasley twins, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

"Will you stop messing around!" he yelled. "Thet's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really did fall off his broom at those words.

"Snape's refereeing?" he spluttered through a mouthful of mud. Nova would have scrunched her nose had she not been so shocked by the news. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."