━ 2 | The Leaky Cauldron

❝Looks like the sun gifted you something over the summer, huh, Nova? Now we really look like siblings!❞
❝Oh, haha, Ronald. I'd only wanna be your sister so I can be sisters with Ginny.❞

REMUS AND PANDORA RARELY FOUGHT, so it always came as a shock for Nova when they did

News of Sirius Black's escape echoed around not only the Wizarding World but the Muggles as well. No one knew how he escaped his heavily guarded cell in Azkaban late on the night of the Thirtieth, but the Ministry wanted answers.

The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, arrived at the Lupin Cottage around mid-day on the Thirty-First. A simple knock on the wooden door was enough to signal his presence to the family of three.

"Minister," Pandora blinked in surprise as she opened the door to spot the older man. "What a pleasant surprise. What can I do for you?"

Cornelius gave an almost sheepish smile despite the furrow in his brow, "Ah, Pandora. . . pardon the interruption. I just had a few questions for you. Surely you don't mind?"

"Certainly," Pandora answered cooly, her lips parting slightly as she suspiciously raised an eyebrow at the man. "May I invite you in for a cup of tea?"

Cornelius hesitated as his eyes snapped to look at a curious Remus Lupin, who stood in the archway to the kitchen with a hand resting gently on Nova's shoulder, "Um, I don't — Actually, that'd be lovely, thank you. . ."

Pandora had sent Nova up to her room by the time she had poured the man a cup of tea. She knew what this conversation would be about and wouldn't let the Minister of Magic accuse her of such treason in front of her daughter.

Nova let her curiosity get the best of her as she hid herself in the curve of the staircase, just in range to listen in as the Minister opened his mouth to speak.

"Now, Pandora, I'm sure you know why I'm here —"

"Before you continue, Minister, I'd like to make one thing blatantly clear," Pandora interrupted, resting the palms of her hands on the table as she put some of her weight on it. Her hazel eyes were sharp as she glowered at the man, "If you had some assumption that I'd have the answers you're looking for, you might as well leave now. I know just as much, if not less, about Sirius's escape than you do."

Cornelius sat frozen for a moment before narrowing his eyes at the woman, "I find that almost too hard to believe, Pandora. Need I remind you that you were with Black the night he got himself arrested in the first place."

"So needless to say, you believe that just because we're related, I'm automatically just as troublesome as him, is that it, Minister?" Her voice was laced with sarcasm with every word, wanting nothing more than to get a point across.