━ 2 | Hogwarts Express

❝ Well, not all of us can eat ten Chocolate Frogs a day, Novs. I'm surprised you're not throwing up yet.❞
❝ Guess it runs in the family.❞

THE REMAINDER OF the summer went by slower than Nova would have liked

She counted the days until she would be on her way to Hogwarts and had read the required books roughly three times each in her free time. When she wasn't reading, she often spent her time at the Weasley's — they lived just through the woods and over hills away.

The Burrow was like a second home to Nova due to her constant visits there while her parents dealt with her father's monthly transformations. The only ones that knew, of course, were Molly and Arthur Weasley.

The morning of September first was hectic. Nova had woken up at six in the morning and found herself to be too excited to go back to sleep. She had let Rigel out of his cage and sat with him on her bedroom floor, watching as he hooted and hopped around, occasionally moving his head awkwardly around.

After Rigel had flown out the window an hour later, leaving the redhead to resort to triple-checking her trunk to make sure she had everything. She only stopped when Remus came into the room to inform her that breakfast was ready.

Nova had expressed her excitement to her parents, practically bouncing in her seat. Pandora had brought up to Nova that she would be coming back home once a month to help Remus with his transformations like she did every year. Nova didn't know how she made it easier for him; she never asked. Her company alone seemed to help Remus tremendously so Nova never questioned it.

The last hour before they had to leave, Nova had run around the house to make sure she had everything for the last time. She had made sure that Rigel was shut safely in his cage before they left for the Burrow.

Remus used a levitation spell to transport Nova's trunk easily on their walk over the hill and through the woods. Nova held Rigel's cage, who slept with his head under his wing. Pandora led the way with her trunk levitating beside her.

As they approached the several stories high house held up by magic, Nova noticed a familiar, plump woman waiting outside.

"Ah, there you are!" Molly Weasley exclaimed once she caught sight of the family of three walking in her direction. Nova made sure to hand Rigel over to her mother before she was brought into a signature Weasley hug.

The girl gasped as she returned the hug, "It's good to see you, Mrs Weasley." 

Molly pulled away and smiled at her. "Nova, dear, how many times have I told you to drop the formalities and call me Molly?"

"Too many times to count, Mrs Weasley," Nova grinned before she was tackled into another hug. 

She toppled over into the grass with an 'oof!' as she landed on her back. Nova had heard Molly scolding whoever had tackled her, but she couldn't care less as she grinned.