━ 5 | Boggart in the Wardrobe

What did you say to her, Malfoy?
Nose down, Potter. No need to get all protective. Now, Lupin cut my caterpillars for me.

DRACO DIDN'T REAPPEAR IN CLASSES UNTIL LATE ON THURSDAY MORNING when the Slytherins and Gryffindors were halfway through double Potions

He swaggered into the dungeon, his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, acting like a heroic survivor of some dreadful battle.

"How is it, Draco?" Pansy Parkinson simpered, her eyebrows furrowed in an overdramatic amount of concern as she stared intently at his sling. "Does it hurt much?"

Draco put on a brave grimace as he responded with a faux pained 'Yeah', but Nova saw him wink at Crabbe and Goyle when the short-haired girl looked away. She shared an annoyed look with Harry before she exaggerated an eye roll, earning a tick of a grin from the boy.

"Settle down, settle down," Snape spoke idly. Nova scowled at this, knowing very well if it had been anyone in Gryffindor who was even a millisecond late, he'd have given them detention. Draco could always get away with anything in Snape's class, with him being his token favourite.

They were making a new potion today: the Shrinking Solution. Draco set up his cauldron right next to the empty spot beside Nova and across from Harry and Ron so that they were preparing their ingredients on the same table.

Draco called out a few moments later, "Sir. Sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots because of my arm—"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," Snape said without looking up at them.

Ron went brick red, sending daggers Draco's way as he hissed quietly, "There's nothing wrong with your arm."

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape. Cut up these roots," Draco smirked from across the table.

Nova scrunched her nose at the boy's words as she looked at him from her peripheral. Ron then seized his knife and pulled Draco's roots towards him, chopping them roughly so they were all different sizes.

"Professor," Draco drawled. "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Snape approached their table and stared down his hooked nose at the roots. Nova felt the corner of her lip twitch up in disgust at his greasy appearance as he gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long hair.

"Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley."

"But, sir—!"

Ron had spent the last quarter of an hour carefully shredding his own roots into precisely equal pieces.

"Now," Snape spoke in his most dangerous voice.

Ron shoved his beautifully cut roots across the table at Draco before taking up the knife again.