Chapter Three

As I entered the school the next day I knew that word of what happened the day before had reached the vast majority of the school body

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

As I entered the school the next day I knew that word of what happened the day before had reached the vast majority of the school body. They all looked at me.

I wrapped my sweater tighter around me as I moved into the crowd of people who kept their eyes trained on me.

"Hey!" Terra suddenly appeared.

"Hi." I tucked some of my black hair behind my ear sheepishly.

"You okay?" Terra asked cautiously.

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter either way."

"They'll talk about something else soon," Terra offered. "Trust me, I'm often the topic of conversation."

It was the second time Terra had mentioned something about being unpopular. Of course, I didn't understand it. She was kind and considerate. If you're going by high school standards, however, physical attractiveness also played a role which once again, Terra checked that box.

Again, I shrugged. "You know what?" I linked arms with Terra. "Who cares what they're saying."

Terra gave me a smile. "Yeah! Who cares?"

We walked arm in arm down the hall through the whispers and stares.

It was official. I was now on the school's radar.

I managed to get through my first few classes before my free period which was actually when I tutored

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I managed to get through my first few classes before my free period which was actually when I tutored. Unfortunately, Terra had a different free period and it was the first time that day I was without her as a line of defence.

I stepped into the tutoring centre and went over to the wall where all the tutor folders were neatly stapled to. I found my name and pulled out the information.

"Stuart Harbottle, grade nine," I mumbled off the rest of the information.

It seemed pretty straightforward. Help in Algebra which happened to be my favourite.

I felt eyes on me and I slowly turned around. Andrew sat with his fingers laced over his binder smiling.

"Good morning, Rori."