Chapter Sixteen

On Monday when I arrived at school, Andrew was waiting for me outside

"Well if you're waiting for me of course everyone is going to know," I teased.

"Good," Andrew smiled at me. He turned his head and looked at the building's large front doors. "There's no PDA in there."

"I know."

Andrew looked around then quickly planted a peck on my lips. I giggled.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready."

We walked into the school and no one, in particular, paid us any attention. I supposed by now they were all used to him and I spending time together and it was unlikely they had noticed the split-second kiss Andrew had given me outside.

"Kind of anti-climactic," I joked.

"Or perfect," Andrew countered.

We headed towards our lockers where Terra was already there leaning against hers while she joked with Chad. I smiled at the sight, happy for my friend. When Terra spotted us she gave a hearty wave causing Chad to look over. He too looked happy to see us.

"So?" Terra looked between us.

"You already know," I chuckled.

"I know! I'm just curious how the whole school is taking it," Terra commented.

"They don't really seem to care," Andrew shrugged.

"That doesn't sound right," Terra's dark brows furrowed.

I stepped past the two new lovebirds and began to undo my lock.

"It's not like we really need to show off our relationship," I said as I pulled open my locker. "The school already knows that we're close."

"Yeah but now Andrew's got a hot new girl. He should flaunt that." Everyone turned and gave Chad a look. He shrugged. "What?"

"Anyways." I shook my head as I pulled out the textbook I needed. "People will know when they know."

Terra gave me a look and I knew what she was thinking. Tawnya. While a noble concern, the one thing I didn't want her to know was safely guarded by my two best friends. I knew that neither she nor Andrew would ever tell her about what happened in Hanover. To show her my confidence I closed my locker and then walked over to Andrew where I snaked my arm across his waist. He returned the affection by wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"No big deal."

"You two look sick together," Chad commented once again making us all look at him. He gave an awkward smile and then looked at Terra. "I gotta get to class babe. I'll see you later."

"Bye," Terra looked after him dreamily.

"I should go to," Andrew kissed the top of my head. "I'll see you at lunch?"