Chp. 1: Wallflower

Friday, 8:25 PM...

Tiffany's POV:

"I am a question to the world."

"Not answer to be heard."

"Or a moment that's held in your arms."

"And what do you think you'd ever say?"

"I won't listen anyway!!"

"You don't know me!!!"

"And I'll never be what you want me to be!!!"

Grabbing my hair tie, I put it between my lips as I pull my black wild curls up and into a ponytail. Using one hand, I hold my oily hair in place and grab the hair tie from my mouth. I stretch it around my hair and tie it as tight as I can.

I grunt, struggling to get around my hair comfortably.

Hopefully it doesn't break...

I sigh, gazing at myself in the mirror as I drop my arms down by my sides. The music fills in my sudden silence, as I pause struggling to get a grip on why I made this decision.

To go out I mean.

To roll out of the comfort of my bed, get up, change out of my sweats and tank top, and put on something cute.

The choices I make are questionable...

I pull at my blue striped crop top and adjust my blue, denim overall shorts. Rethinking my life choices once again, I mutter, "What am I doing with my life?" I narrow my eyes, becoming lost in thought as I push up my black, round-rimmed glasses.

Maybe I should just stay home...

I'm sure Daniel and the guys wouldn't mind despite me already saying I'd go...

Oo!!! I could make cupcakes to make it up to them!!!

I grin at that idea, thinking that it'd be a good way to ease their frustration with me.

This wouldn't be the first time I canceled on them...

Gazing at myself in the mirror, I pause, thinking of how I'd let him and the guys down easy.

Clearing my throat, I state, leaning on my dresser, "Okay, listen, Daniel. I love you and the guys to bits, but I really don't wanna go to this party. You gotta understand."

I let out an exasperated sigh, placing a hand on my chest, "I'm exhausted!! People make me tired!! And doing more peopling would be nothing but torture to me!! Pure and utter tort-" My eyes fly open mid, phrase and I frown, "No that wouldn't work. That's too dramatic..."

I sigh, crossing my arms, "How would I get my point across without sounding desperate? If that's even possible. Why am I making this harder on myself??"

And this is why I'm indecisive...

SMH.

"And I'm talking to myself like a crazy person, perfect..." I mumble, facepalming, "Wonderful, Tiffany..."

"TIFFANY!!! HURRY UP!!! WE'RE ABOUT TO GO!!!!!" Daniel shouts, and I jump, being pulled from my thoughts. I look over at my door as he begins banging on it. Instantly, I frown, feeling more irritated than startled.

Daniel Green is my older brother. He's 18, captain of the football team, a senior in high school, and the one forcing me to go out tonight. Originally, I was going to stay home and watch some Supernatural, Hemlock Grove, or some anime.

But no.

He and his crazy ass friends, Sebastian, Simon, and Luka, who I love very much, want me to socialize.