Chp. 18: Initiation Ritual

The Spot...

"Oh my god..." Stormy breathes, staring up at the tree in disbelief as we all slowly approach the guys. "Damn." May mumbles, shoving her keys into her pocket. My jaw drops at the sight of Joshua at the very top of this huge tree, hugging a branch for dear life.

"Ain't no way..." Ian whispers, staring in awe, "He really is stuck in a tree..."

"A big ass tree..." Zoe echoes, sounding unsettled.

"STORMY?!! OH THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE!!!!" Joshua shouts, sounding relieved, "I WAS TERRIFIED I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!!!"

"You guys made it!!!!" Christian says, running towards us as Travis and Jamie follow close behind.

Once close enough, he hugs Stormy, laying his head on top of hers, "Oh thank goodness!! I thought we were going to have to kill him for talking shit!!!"

"FUCK YOU, CHRISTIAN!!!!" Josh shouts, raising the middle finger, "YOU CAN KISS MY ENTIRE BLACK ASS!!!"

"See!!! Talking shit!!!" Christian replies, letting go of Stormy and gesturing to the tree behind him. Stormy groans, pinching the bridge of her nose as Joshua begins to shout, "I AIN'T TALKING SHIT, YOU POTHEAD!!! I'M SPEAKING STRAIGHT FACTS!!! FUCK YOU!!!!"

"Can anyone explain to me why he's only wearing swim trunks and Crocs??" May asks brows furrowed. Approaching her, Jamie looks down to meet her eyes, "He chose to wear that, so his clothes won't get wet."

Looking her up and down, Jamie smirks, "You lookin' good in this crop top, by the way~" Face reddening, May giggles girlishly, running a hand through her hair, "Well, thank you, baby~"

She grabs his shoulder, her eyes fixated on his, "You lookin' good too~"

"Please save the flirting for the bedroom," Christian gags, rolling his eyes. Slowly, he shifts his attention to me, Ian, and Zoe, and his eyes widen. "Ian?!" He mutters, genuine shock written on his face.

"Hey, Chris!!!" Ian smirks, as Christian rushes over and nearly tackles him. 

"BRO!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!" Christian sings as Ian stumbles and laughs. He hugs Ian tightly, laying his head on top of his, "I was not expecting to see you here!!!"

"Surprise!!!" Ian chuckles, laying his head on Christian's chest. Zoe and I watch, jaws dropping as the two pull apart, talking and laughing. We both exchange a look, shocked at this newfound information.

"Wait, Ian, you know Christian??" I ask, raising a brow as I look between them, "How come you never told me this???"

"Yeah, for real!!!" Zoe adds, shaking her head sassily at him. Slowly, Christian wraps an arm around Ian's shoulder, as Ian laughs awkwardly, "Well, I have lots of friends you guys don't know about!! Christian is one of them."

"We get high together!!" Christian chirps and Ian snorts, looking up at him. 

"Way to be blunt, Chris..." Ian rolls his eyes, before looking back at Zoe and me, "But yeah, we do. We met my freshman and his sophomore year, and have Pre-Cal and gym together, so there's that."

"Well, then..." I mumble as Christian looks down at Ian, grinning. 

"TINY!!!" Travis chirps, eyes lighting up as they meet mine. He walks up to me, grinning, "Hey Shorty."

"Hello, Travis," I reply, looking up at him. Adjusting my glasses, I gesture to Zoe and Ian, "These are my friends, Ian and Zoe, I hope you don't mind that they came."