Chp. 16: A Secret?!

After School, 3:15...

"So, Redwood is still on the prowl is what you're telling me???" Daniel asks, brows raised as he looks back at me from the passenger. I nod, sipping my Mountain Dew, "Yeah. She still wants you. BAD."

"Of course she does..." Sebastian sighs, shaking his head, "She's obsessed."

"That just means I left a lasting impression on her. She probably misses me~" Daniel purrs, grinning smugly as he rubs his hands together.

Wiggling his brows, Daniel says, still smirking proudly, "Who can blame her though?? I'm one sexy mothafucka~"

I shoot him a look, frowning, "Boy, what the hell..."

"Daniel, no." Luka says, chuckling as his eyes remain focused on the road ahead. Simon nods, eating his Starburst, "For real."

"Don't be hatin' 'cause I got a girl who wants me, and ya'll don't!!!" He retorts defensively, "Jealousy is a disease, assholes."

"All those who are jealous please raise your hand," I state, looking around the car. No one raises their hand, Daniel shooting us all looks from the rearview.

"Man, fuck ya'll..." He grumbles, eating his pizza in silence now.

Luka slowly pulls into my driveway, putting his car in park, "We love you too, Daniel."

"Anyway! What's the plan for today? There's no practice, so we can do whatever we want tonight!!" Simon says grinning.

"Um...we could go play Jarvis and his friends at basketball! We finally can!!" Sebastian states, shrugging as he looks over at him. "Yeah!! We promised we would!!!" Simon agrees, nodding, "I'll text him and ask."

"But what about Tiffany??" Luka asks, raising a brow, "What is she going to do while we play basketball??"

They all look back at me, including Daniel. I freeze, looking between the four of them feeling unsettled. I clear my throat, holding my cup in my lap, "Um, actually, I was just going to hang with some friends tonight, so...you don't have to worry about me, I'll be gone too."

The car falls dead silent, they all freeze; confusion and shock are written on their faces. I swallow hard, feeling their intense gazes peering into what feels like my soul, "...what's with the faces???"

They all continue to stare, not saying a word. I look between them once again, "And before any of you ask, I do have friends other than you guys."

"You're going to be hanging out with your friends tonight??" Simon asks, curious. I nod, meeting his strangely intense gaze.

Tapping my shoulder, Sebastian gathers my attention, eyes serious, "Is it a guy?? Someone you met at that party we don't know about???"

"What? No, Sebastian." I reply, cheeks flushing at the question, "No, it's not a guy. It's Zoe, Ian, and a few other people! That's all. Not anyone I met at that party."

Can't believe we're still talking about the party...

"A few other people?? Well, that was very descriptive, who are these other people??" Daniel asks curiously, "As your older brother, I think I should know who my little sister is hanging out with."

"Yeah!" Simon hoots, and I look over at him, sighing. I push up my glasses, shrugging, "Well, you know Ian and Zoe already, and the other two are a secret."

"A secret?!" They all shout in unison, and I jump, looking amongst them. I notice the shock written on their faces as they all bombard me with all sorts of comments.