36

Nate looked at Dushane as he rambled and he smiled at his phone seeing Brooklyn text him and Dushane snapped his fingers.

"Am I boring you nephew I mean this meeting is putting money in your pockets"He shrugged and he watched as everyone looked at him and he locked his phone smiling.

"Not at all not at all"Nate put on a fake smile and his uncle smiled clasping his hands.

"Like I was saying we almost close to being back in control but we have to take out one little problem but I have had two of my boys on surveillance please dim the lights"

Dushane grabbed the remote as the projector cut on and showed Brooklyn at the store and he watched as the boys sat up.

"Meet Brooklyn a nineteen year old stripper who is majoring as a nurse and she is currently spending her time working at a college I know what your thinking how is she a threat well she's not she's the one that's going to help lure in the nigga we really want"

Nate mouth dropped as he watched Brooklyn move on the screen unaware that every move was being calculated and he tried to keep his composure he didn't want his uncle catching on.

"This is her best friend Trey hence the nigga that killed Marco now see he's smart he's not going to come to us willingly buttt if we have her he's going to come so I want all of you niggas to be on the lookout stay aware of your surroundings because most likely this nigga is thinking about coming for y'all but as for the female don't touch her until I say so now that's all for today we did touch a lot of points so ima let you lil niggas have a break because we got real work coming up"

Nate watched as they began to leave and he tried to hurry up and leave but he heard his name being called and he looked back.

He smiled and he looked at his uncle who had the same smirk he always wore on his face"What's the matter nephew I thought you wanted to join the family business"

"I-I thought we was selling property and shit you know this is murder"Nate stuttered looking at him and he laughed patting his back.

"We do but I feel that you would thrive in this business I mean that's why I chose you I mean come on all the money I showed you nephew it's too late to change your mind this not a temporary job where you quit when you feel like it and it's only two ways out then jail cells or death you know the rules"Dushane stopped smiling getting serious as he looked at Nate who was confused.

"You forced-

Dushane snatched him up and Nate hugged his breath and Dushane looked in her eyes "Lil nigga let's get one thing clear I never forced you to a damn thing you came to me wanting to make the money I make and I showed you the way you wasn't second guessing when you was counting that money so don't second guess now"

He let Nate go and Nate looked at him as much as he disliked his uncle on some days he had no choice but to deal with him since he was the only father figure he had his dad was in jail for attempted murder and his mom she had got killed in front of Nate when he was nine.

Nate was the middle child out of two girls and four brothers he always got picked on because he wasn't like his brother's he wasn't a street nigga he tried to do things the right way because he knew his mother would've wanted that for him.

"Ight let's go I got something to show you come on"

Nate followed his uncle and he watched as they went downstairs and he saw two men guarding the door and he watched as they asked for his phone and he gave it to them and he walked through the door and saw a man bound to a chair bleeding with his older brother Donovan standing there laughing.

Donovan was what they called the loose screw because he really did have a loose screw one wrong move or look and you'd be beaten half to death or dead but when he was calm he was smart a genuine person.

"Unc man why you bring punk down here this nigga not finna do it" Donovan smacked his lips and Nate clenched his fist.

"He really ain't got no choice"

Nate looked at realized what they wanted him to do they wanted him to kill the man a man he didn't even know and he watched as his uncle handed him the gun.

Nate held the gun as his hands began to sweat as he held it up at the man who was pleading for his life and Nate felt his heartbeat speed up.

"What's the problem neph"

"He has a family-

"Let me tell you something Nate these niggas don't care about you having a family when that nigga raped and killed your mom in front of you did you think that nigga felt remorse sadness no he didn't give a flying fuck and here you are showing sympathy that shit will get you killed in this business now kill him"Dushane whispered in his ear.

Nate hands shook and Donovan rolled his eyes and pulled his gun out.

"Either you fucking kill the nigga or you get shot which one is it bro pull the damn trigger" Donovan yelled as he aimed it at him.

Nate controlled his breathing and tuned him out and just pictured the face of the man who killed his mother and he shot twice.

"He not dead stand over him and finish him off"

Nate sighed and he walked closer and he held the gun his hand trembling and he watched as the man screamed and he cocked the gun back and he kept shooting him until there was no more bullets left and he looked back at his uncle who had the same smirk on his face.

Nate looked at them and he dropped the gun on the ground and he walked out and Dushane looked at Donovan who was surprised" I told you he had it in him"

Nate walked to the bathroom and he looked in the mirror and seeing the blood on his clothes and the splatter on his face.

Dushane walked in and he watched as Nate held his head down and he patted his back and Nate moved.

"You did good nephew now go home and get cleaned up i'll see you tomorrow"

Nate nodded and he watched as he left and he looked in the mirror not even recognizing who he was staring at.