Pancakes

I woke up with a gasp, I was going to be late to work. Looking around I realized I wasn't in my room and stumbled out of bed, not realizing how tall off the ground it was I fell on to the floor with a tud.

Margie came rushing in, "Edith! Are you alright!" she picked me up and checked for any scrapes or bruises.

Right I'm don't have to work anymore, I'm not home, "I'm fine."

"I though you would sleep in more, it's only five in the morning."

"I thought I was late for work," I answered sheepishly.

Margie ruffled my hair picking me up and taking me out to the living room couch. "Oh you silly thing. How about breakfast then you must be hungry. What do you usually eat?"

"Eat..." I repeated.

Margie sat beside me brushing my hair out of my face, "for breakfast that is."

I thought really hard sticking my tongue out to the side, for some reason it helped me think, "I dont usually eat breakfast. I just chugged a coffee and went on my way."

I never really had time for breakfast, it seems like I was always rushing to get one thing done to start the next, I'd accidentally go days without eating to concentrated on work or errands. I had passed out many times because I had been to foolish to not make time to eat.

Margie hummed with a frown, "we are going to have to change that won't we, we need you to gain weight. I can see your ribs little one."

"Maybe I just have big ribs?" I smiled crookedly.

Margie cackled, "Even if you have big ribs breakfast is calling your tummy. Now what would you like to eat?"

I shrugged my shoulders, " I really don't know Auntie Margie. I'm sorry."

"Thats alright," she rubbed my back, " How about pancakes."

"What are pancakes?" I asked.

Her face dropped in horror, "you have never had pancakes."

"No,"

"We need to change that right away!"

—————————————

I sat on the floor on a pillow over looking at the coffee table, the round tan disks with strawberries and whip cream on top had steam coming out of them. And smelled sweet and buttery.

"Well go on," Margie insisted she had her phone on with the camera on and was recording. She told me she needed to record this memorable occasion.

I cut a piece with my fork and chewed slowly, the flavours melted right in my mouth making a moan escape my lips. I couldn't help but dive in for another piece, Margie was laughing as I eat eagerly. I forgot food could taste this good.

I had finished and laid back satisfied.

Margie got a cloth and cleaned my face I hadn't realized I had gotten whip cream on my face. " I take it you like pancakes."

I shook my head, "Nooo, I don't like them at all."

"Oh, really?"

"Naw they are in my top favourite foods thought."

"What's the list."

"Pancakes and... pancakes. I think I want to become a pancake."

"Well you're cute enough to be a pancake, because I just want to eat you up." Auntie tickled my stomach making me giggle.

"I'm not cute," I pouted pulling away.

"Sure, little one whatever you say." Margie got up putting the plate away, she turned on the tv and told me she was going to get changed.