Letter

A warm light entered Edith's room. Cecily didn't have to open her eyes to know Edith was a sleep beside her. The soft breathing and small hand gripping on to her.

She saw Edith in a deep slumber, her poor little eyes still red from last night's crying.

As soon as Edith had fallen a sleep Cecily send a call to her head of security to find the Nick that was her fathers partner.

Deep into thought Cecily hadn't noticed Edith was now awake. That was until she felt a hug around her neck,snapping her form her thoughts.

"Good morning," Cecily said surprised.

Edith sat on top of her and tilted her head, "why are you up so early? You never wake up before me."

Cecily smiled, "no reason," she lied through her teeth making Edith frown.

"Please don't worry about me," Edith said softly her face filled with concern.

" why shouldn't I worry about you? " Cecily smiled trying to understand why Edith rather she not worry.

Edith laid down against her chest, "Because I am alright, i have lived with this my whole life. You don't need to worry, just be here for me. That's all I need."

Cecily rubbed her back unable to answer, but an "ok."

"That and pancakes," Edith added.

"Yes, pancakes are a necessity for taking care of you I know."

"Glad we agree!" Edith popped up with a smile, "soooo... ifwe are up we can make pancakes with Francois! It's a necessity!" She tried to dash off but Cecily caught her ankles.

"We can make pancakes, after I change your nappy," she patted her bottom felling the full nappy.

"But pancakes" Edith groaned as Cecily brought her to the bathroom and set her on the changing table. "It's one minute babes," She unzipped her onesie and quickly made work of changing her into a clean diaper.

Edith pouted away but did not complain or fuzz.

Cecily sat her down on her feet and Edith took off dashing, Cecily scrambled after her. She called after Edith but sliding down the stairs on her bum Edith speed off to the kitchen.

Seeing Edith awake at this hour was no surprise to the house staff but seeing the Queen. It was like as if they were seeing a big foot, Cecily was never awake at this hour.

"Petite Fleur!" Francois beamed seeing Edith run in, he put his coffee down as he was having a cup with Jacques, he was glad to see Edith back to her energetic self compare to yesterday.

"Guten Morgen!" Edith tried climb on to the chair with one arm where they were sitting, making Jacques laugh as he helped her up on to the chair just for her to climb up to the table.

"We wanna make pancakes, please!" Edith said with her kitten eyes.

"We?" Jacques asked.

Cecily came in out of air, taking him by surprise. "Oh, we" he grinned, "why it would be my pleasure! Good morning your majesty, you're up early."

Cecily smiled as Francois passed her a cup of coffee, "yes, and I hoped you could help us make the pancake batter, please?"

"It would be my pleasure, I'll get the ingredients! Do you mind giving me a hand?"Francois beamed.

Cecily nodded and followed him into the pantry.

Edith was swinging her feet watching them.

They came back in with flour, eggs, milk, and everything else needed for the pancakes. Setting it beside Edith.