Sports

Edith awoke at five am agin, but this time she staid in bed. Replaying everything that happened yesterday. And the way crying felt so reliving she had never done that, cried in front of someone. Someone other than her knew she was in pain it wasn't just Edith alone in the world, at least she had a shoulder to lean on.

Margie came in signing good morning, making Edith giggle.

"Do you now why today is special, Edith!"

Edith shook her head giggling as Margie brought down the bars.

"because it's Saturday! You get to do activities today, you can swim, ride a horsey, play tennis, there's a whole list!"

As Auntie got Edith change into gym clothes , Edith mentally rolled her eyes, "you mean sports."

"Yes, sports in the morning." She laughed as she put Edith's curls into two low piggy tails.

"I suck at sports," Edith mumbled to herself.

"No worries you don't need to compete just have fun,"

"Auntie I am painfully awful, I can't do any sports. I had injured others, myself and inanimate objects too many times, I was able to sweet talk my way into being a statistics score keeper for my school so they could cut down liabilities for the insurance."

Margie laughed walking to the living room and taking Edith's shoes out from the closet "What about horse back riding?"

"I'm terrified of them,"

"But they are so sweet,"

"Not when you have gotten kicked by one." Edith said wide eyed remembering the time she was helping in farm during the summer for work and the horse kicked her across the barn.

"When did you get kicked by horse," Margie asked as she put Edith's shoes on.

"Summer job."

"How about golf?" Margie suggested, "you can start out in driving range and just try it out."

Edith bit her lip trying not to laugh, "can I say something that's totally not meant to be offensive but may sound it." She said honestly.

Margie shook her head, "go for it."

"That is the bougiest thing I have ever heard in my life," Edith fell back laughing heavily, "me Edith grey play golf. Gosh if only my gym teachers had thought of that. That's genius."

"Why is it so funny," Margie giggled being taken my Edith's contagious laugher.

"Cause when they tried to get me to play anything I always broke the windows of the school, I became a liability. You see if we had golf. Bam! Problem solved. Your really smart auntie."

"You broke windows!" She grabbed Edith's hand and guided them down for breakfast.

"Only ten... per semester...for five years."

———————————-

To say Edith like golf would be understatement. 

The quiet calm little Margie had in her hands the past three days was nowhere to be found.

Edith was bouncing like a jumping Mexican bean on Coffee. She swung swing after swing, hitting the colourful baskets. Making her giggle as each one made a music note ring when the ball landed inside.

"Did you see that!" She laughed pointing at the purple basket, Margie was recording and gave Edith a thumbs up from a distance.

Edith started out like she had warned, painfully. The club almost half her size and dragged her forward making Edith stumble face first into the ground, it was until she got her footing, Margie had to take a steps back to make sure she wouldn't get hit by Edith's deadly swing.

Finally a tired Edith sweating and panting came over to Margie and collapse on her, "you tired my little baby ?" Margie picked her up.

"Not a baby," Edith pouted.

"Well your the smallest little I've ever had so your my baby."

Edith layid her head on Margie's shoulder exhausted. Margie walked them back to their room.

Margie sat Edith down and handed her a zippy cup that Edith willing took, thirsty from her activity. Not only that but a colouring book and three buckets of markers, crayons, and pencil crayons where put in-front of her.  "You colour while I do some stuff." Margie said leaving Edith alone.

Seeing there was nothing else to do she started to colour, but the pencils made her hand ache frustrated she put it down before glancing at crayons. She smiled remembering how she unpeeled them to colour as a child, a part in Edith clicked and she unwrapped every single crayon and started to colour without a care immersed in the colour and the pretty way the blended she coloured outside the lines. Her tongue sticking out to the side.

Margie had seen it all unfold and waited until Edith slipped to sit behind her on the couch, surely snapping a few pictures to add to Edith's adoption profile.

Edith and finished and looked around eagerly for auntie spotting her. Edith's eyes lit up with joy and she stumbled with her picture, "look, look how the colours make the butterfly pretty."

"It's beautiful little one,"  Edith clung each one of Margie's words smiling.

"You have it," Edith insisted giving her the picture.

Margie cooed, "I would love it thank you little one."

Edith bounced off the couch and back to the table to start colouring again.

———-
Again why???