Sorry

Sitting in Margie's lap Edith was devouring the second round of pancakes, Francois and Jacques watching while Max gaped at the rate she ate. Like In eating competition but Edith was the only competitor. By now Edith was eating the second batch of pancakes meant for all of them by herself.

She pouted as she realized there weren't anymore left. Margie plucked the fork from her hands and whipped her face.

"She really likes pancakes," Max said wide eyed.

"Yup," Margie agreed laughing. Margie stood up and Edith held on to her. "Now my car awaits my sweet Edith."

They all walked to the front door, Edith clung to Margie hiding in her shoulder.

Francois was holding Jacques hand leaning into his shoulder, they turned to each. Francois lips were pursed together as he didn't want to let go.

"Promise you'll call every night?" Francois asked.

Jacques smiled, he cupped his face, "Every night and a text every morning."

He hugged him tucking his head under his chin. Francois could feel his firm chest and steady heart. With a hesitant breath Francois pulled away, he smiled at Jacques unable to help himself.

Jacques leaned in and whispered "be a good boy now. Remember the maids know everything."  He kissed him on the cheek. And pulled away.

A red blush burned the tip of Francois ears, he smiled. And went into the car with their bags.

Margie put Edith down on the ground but the little still hanging on to her, "don't leave."

"You'll be alright I promise, and I will be back very soon." Margie smiled assuring her.

Hearing the sharp heals, everyone's attention turned to the familiar sound except for Edith.

Everyone parted leaving them as Cecily got closer to Edith and Margie, she knelled down to the floor and placed her hand on Edith's back.

The warmth familiar hand made Edith look up seeing Cecily. "You'll see her soon, I promise."

Margie gave Cecily a grave look, replacing it with a smile as Edith turned back to her. "Now, I need to go, but I'll be back." She kissed Edith's forehead and passed her to Cecily.

"Bye Margie," Edith whispered.

Edith's gaze stayed on Margie as she got into the car and it drove away. Cecily peeled Edith back to look at her. Seeing the usual smile Edith always had replaced by a plain emotionless look. One that she couldn't read but settled wrong on Cecily. Edith's eyes were empty.

"Hi cupcake."

She didn't respond but looked down, trying to wiggle down. Cecily knew she was dealing with big Edith now.

"My baby is quiet today?" She said softly bouncing her, Edith whined making her stop.

Cecily walked up stairs Edith was stiff in her arms.

She sat down on Edith's bed sitting her between her legs facing her. Still Edith wouldn't meet her gaze.

"I'm sorry, Edith. I haven't been a good mommy."

Edith looked at her confused.

"I'm suppose to take care of you, make sure you eat, get dress, make sure you'rw fine. That you're happy."

After a moment of silence, Edith mumbled "I'm too much work, it's not your fault."

"No, no, not at all baby. Mommy was just thinking about herself and listen to some bad advice." She rubbed Edith's hand. "You didn't deserve that. You're not to much work."