Love

"You can do it," Lana encourage her.

Edith awoke to hand shaking her, she groggily looked at Cecily's who was stroking her sweaty forehead.

"Hi, Ceci." She mumbled.

"Hi, baby," she smiled Sweetly.

Edith struggled to keep her eyes open, "we go home?"

Cecily petted her head, "not yet baby."

Edith frowned, "why?"

"Because there's a part in your tummy not working so they need to fix it, and..." Cecily wasn't sure how to say it.

"And?"

"They need to set your arm back into place," she said softer.

Edith's went wide at hers words, not understanding."But my arm is fine."

"It didn't heal correctly, so we need to set it back into place. Like a block missed placed."

"Oh," Edith's faced dropped remembering what she was referring to. "Will it hurt?" Edith asked her eyes glistening, remembering how much it hurt the first time she had broken her arm and the rest.

"It will but you'll have medicine. So it won't hurt as much and I'll be by your side the whole time."

Edith nodded, "can I get pancakes after?"

Cecily smiled and laughed, "of course. You can have all the pancakes in the world."

———————

Everyone waited patiently for Edith to wake up, from what the doctor had said the surgery had gone well.

Edith layed in bed, her tummy now with an incision and her arm whole arm wrapped in a purple cast.

Grunting she woke up, Cecily jumped out of her chair towards her. "Baby," she cooed.

Edith looked at her arm and Cecily, " I'm still alive."

"Yes, and all done. Now we just waited a few days and we can go home."

"How many?"

"Maybe 2 or 3. How do you feel?"

Edith smiled meekly, "like I got hit by a truck."

"Aww my poor baby."

Edith giggled making her also groan at the pain that came with it at the fresh wound.

"What's so funny?" Cecily asked confused.

"This doesn't feel as bad as getting hit by a truck." Edith bit her lip trying not to laugh.

Cecily deadpanned at Edith's words, "please tell me you didn't get hit by a truck."

Edith grinned, "I didn't get hit by a truck... I got hit by a bus."

Cecily shook her head, "oh Edith."

"Well good thing it hit me." Edith said as a matter of fact.

"Why is getting hit by a bus a good thing." Cecily tried to keep her cool from yelling.

"How do you think I paid for university," Edith wiggled her eyebrows. "Plus ramen."

Cecily grabbed her good hand squeezed it unable to contain her laughter, Edith's antics always managed to make her smile, specially with her odd —concerning— stories.

They spend the next two days taking it easy, just her and Cecily. As she took care of Edith. Cecily spoon feed her food, and read her stories for her to sleep. Change her nappy when she was asleep to avoid her shy little being overwhelmed.

They slowly managed for Edith walk, soon she was able to lap around the whole floor by the third day with barely any pain.

Now there was only thing left to do for Edith to be able go home.

"She needs have a bowel movement," the nurse said.

Edith kept having stomach cramps but nothing would come out. The little groaned smashing her head against the pillow. "Evil," she said to herself no one hearing her.

"What do you suggest?" Cecily asked peeling Edith off the pillow.

"A massage on her stomach should help her have movement."

Edith whined, "thank you. I'll call you if needed."

The nurse bowed and left.

"This is mahogany!" Edith pouted.

Cecily rolled her eyes amused, she put Edith between her legs and made her lean back. She lifted Edith's gown leaving her in just her diaper.

Carefully she put her hand on Edith's stomach, the incision was bright red. In a downwards motion she moved her hand on Edith's stomach.

The little had small whimpers leave her lips. She grabbed Cecily's hand stopping her. Her eyes open wide, feeling her diaper fill up.

Embarrassed a blush rose up her cheeks, Cecily pulled the back of her diaper peeking in.

"Aww good job baby." She cooed.

Edith didn't know how to react, rather she was frozen.

Cecily got up and brought Edith to the bathroom where she laid her down on the changing table, as she grabbed a clean diaper some wipes and powder. Edith tried to roll over feeling embarrassed.

"Ah-a," Cecily plucked Edith back on the table, "stay still baby."

Edith pouted like an angry kitten, covering her eyes with her uncasted arm.

Cecily pulled down her arm and rubbed her thumb over hot cheeks, "no need to be embarrassed. I told you mommy doesn't mind changing your nappy. Rather I find it adorable. So relax." She smiled assuring her.

Slipping a pacifier between Edith's lips, she waited to her the anxious little start to suckle on it. She made quick work of opening the diaper and wiping her clean, Edith shivered at the cold wipes. Cecily skilfully lifted Edith's legs with one hand, she replaced the soil diaper with a clean dry one and powdered Edith up.

She carefully lifted Edith into her arms and cradle her, "all nice and clean." She patted her crinkled butt.

Edith looked up, Cecily gazed back with that loving look in her eyes, one Edith didn't know was possible for people to have. The look making her melt and lean in close to her touch. She leaned and gave her a kiss, with her paci still on her lips, taking Cecily by surprise.

The action made Cecily grin more, "What was that for?"

"Cause I love you, and your a really good mommy." Edith said laying her head back between her chest.

Tears pricked at Cecily's eyes from Edith's words. " I love you so much baby."

It was the first time Edith had told her she loved her. And now she really felt like a queen.

"Mommy, can we go home now." Edith said.

"Yes we can go home now."
————————
Shorty short,

How do you think Edith's recovery at home will be?

Thanks for reading.

Love, beans 💕