Arrival

This did not look like a school. This was a freaking castle.

The car pulled into through a tall gate, we drove by beautiful gardens for miles until we reached the main building, and the car came to a gaily Margie helped me get out of the car seat and on to the ground.

The air here was more salty and humid, the sky was blue. I had never seen so much green in my life.

Margie pulled my hand bringing me inside, we walked up the winding wood stair cases till we got to the third floor and went into a room numbered 13.

"And this is our room," Margie grinned.

Similar to the hotel room it was huge. A door on the left was Maggie's room and the living room had a little tent with cushions and a book case right beside it.  Near a huge bay window close to the couch.

"Your file said you loved to read," Margie added as she saw me trace my hands over the books I nodded my head. Pass the living room was another room, a crib was set in the middle. The sides of it down.

A huge window let in light through the suite.

I heard Margie plop on the couch with a sigh, "how do you like your room?"

"It's pretty," it was definitely nicer than anything I have ever had or seen in my life.

"Well just wait until you get all your stuff, we need to do some shopping."

"More?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, silly this definitely isn't enough for you. We need to go try on new uniforms tomorrow morning and get you some blankets, pacys, a few more stuffies."

I nodded my head, "oh...ok"

Margie stood up and cracked her back, "enough rest, let's get some num nums in that belly of yours and then we can hit the hay!"
She picked up her phone, "How does spaghetti sound?"

"Good," I gave her thumbs up.

I grabbed buttercup and crawled into the tent with cushions. Finding a button I pressed it and fairy lights came on in the shape of stars.
"Pretty," I laid back watching as they changed colour.

When I heard a flash my head snapped seeing Margie taking a picture. "Your too cute, you like the colours changing don't you."

I nodded my head feeling once again a blush cover my ear tops.

"Come on out your dinner is here," she chuckled.

I crawled out leaving buttercup safely among the cushions in the tent.

I looked around where to sit but my eyes fell on the high chair Margie was bringing out. She picked me up and sat me in it without a word. And put the tray with spaghetti on it, not before tying a bib around my neck.

Now I looked as red as the tomato sauce on my spaghetti.

"Dive in little one, I'm gonna get your bath ready. "

I picked up the fork and in an instant I was moaning at the taste. You know what I'll eat in the stupid chair if it meant I get to eat actual food.

Before I knew it was all gone and I was laying back on the chair full in food coma.

"Your a fast eater," Margie teased.

"I have never had food like this is my life," I sighed happily.
Margie started to unbuckle me.

"What did you usually eat, I know the getos don't really get that much good food from what I heard."

"Usually instant coffee, instant noodles, if we were lucky maybe cereal. Mostly lots of coffee."

"Maybe that's why your so short," she booped my nose, "your the smallest little I have ever met."

"I guess that could be why, I just have always been short though."

Auntie Maggie put me down, I felt her squeeze the back of my pull up, making me squirm. "All dry, good girl. Let's give you a bath."

Maggie grabbed my hand and lead me into the bathroom. "You can get undress and hop into the bath call me when your in."

I stripped down my clothes and threw away the pull up, once my body came in contact with the warm water and bubbles I gasped at the soothing water. It smelled of lavender and milk.

"I'm in," I called out covering myself in the bubbles.

"Don't you look cute," she gushed making me sink deeper into the bubbles.

"Nah-ah"

"Come on let me wash your hair," auntie pulled up stool and sat behind me, her soft hands caressing my scalp her hands gentle. I felt the soft water run down my hair. And she covered my eyes with her hand.

It was soothing my eyes started to flutter shut. "Stay awake kiddo, you want to finish washing yourself right. Unless you want my help."

I opened my eyes and sat up her hands suddenly stopped. I felt a change in her mood.

"Edith, what happened to your back?" She asked I could hear the frown in her voice.

I did not want to talk about it, "nothing. I-I fell" I mumbled.

I felt her hands finish washing my hair and she stood, "you finish washing up." She handed me a wash rag and I made sure to get the dirt all of me. Until I was squeaky clean.

I put the rag down and without a beat, Margie picked me up wrapping a warm towel around. She quickly dried me, and slid on a new pull up. She wrapped like a burrito and started to blow dry my hair, she gently brushed it making a yawn leave my lips. She took of the towel and helped me put on the night gown.

"You need your milk baby, stay awake just a little more."

"Not a baby," I pouted.

"Sure honey," she picked me up and tucked me in the crib, she quickly came back with Buttercup and a supply cup in hand.

She passed them to me a kissed my forehead. "Night little one."

"Night night," I told her as she left.

——-
Once again not edited, and once again your still reading 🧸🫧?