Date Disaster - Dean

Character - Dean
Type - Jealousy/First Kiss
Word count - 494

"Where is she?" Dean mutters, mostly to himself, as he gets up for the third time to pace around the bunker.

"It's a date! She might not even come home 'til morning!"

"Sammy, that shit's not funny." Dean gives his brother a death stare. 

"I know you really like her and everything, but there's nothing you can do. Look, Dean, I'm going to bed. And you should too," he adds, going into his room.

Dean slumps down on the sofa. With his elbows on his knees, he puts his head in his hands. He thought crushes were supposed to come and go - not last for over a year. 

That's exactly how long y/n has been hunting with them.

Dean snaps his head up when he hears the clatter of keys and the creek of the door. Y/n slips inside silently and lets her bag fall from her shoulder. She flicks on the light.

"Dean?" her voice is isolated and defined in the darkness, "You're still up?"

"Yeah, couldn't sleep," he lies, "How did the date go?"

Y/n doesn't respond as she enters the kitchen and pours herself a glass of water. 

"Not good, I guess?" Dean says hopefully. He fights the urge to smile. 

"You could say that..." y/n laughs humourlessly and goes back into the living room to sit beside Dean.

She catches him staring.

"What?" she asks.

"You look nice, is all." There's a brief pause before y/n shifts and her dress rides up, exposing a blossoming bruise. "y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened? Did - did he do that to you?"

y/n's face pales. Dean strokes his fingertips over the purple area gently and stands up. "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!" he proclaims.

"I already did." y/n whispers to the floor.

"What?" He sits back down and takes a steadying breath. "What?"

"It's just my luck that the first date I bag in months turns out to be a vampire."

"Oh, y/n," Dean says softly, "I'm so sorry."

"Yeah. Most people get to first base on the first date, right? Me? I go straight to beheading."

She blinks, her eyes pricking with tears. "I - I didn't even want to go on that date! I just thought, hey, you should be able to have some fun once in a while. Stop dwelling on people who don't... I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid." Dean takes her hand in his. "Hey, look at me. You are not stupid."

Y/n's glossy eyes close slowly. "Yes, I am. Only a stupid person wouldn't tell the man they've been living with for the past year that they're in love with him." 

Dean's breath catches in his throat. 

Y/n looks up at him and his heart drops.

"Dean..." she whispers, sad, pleading.

"Now I feel stupid for not making a move."

Dean cups her cheek with one hand and y/n blushes profusely. Dean leans in and kisses her for the first time. They fit together like jigsaw pieces. Their heavy breathes fill the room as they smile into each other's lips.