Vamp Hunt - The Winchesters

Character - Sam/Dean (no pairing)
Type - Danger
Word count - 395

Don't you just love running for your life in a pitch-black forest? Cracks burst through the quiet as the Winchesters' boots snap twigs. It's the only intel to the direction they're heading. I follow the sound blindly. I pick up speed but whoever's in front of me stops abruptly.

I slam into his back and knock him to the ground. He groans, shushing me when I blurt out numerous apologies. Dean dusts off his jeans, "Y/n, it's fine. Just stop talking."

"Sorry, yeah." I whisper, taking a step back and bumping into yet another person. "Sam!" I hiss.

We're on the hunt for a vampire, one that has annoyingly escaped the trap we made for it. It's the last one left of the nest - as soon as we catch this one, we can all go home. The plan is to sneak up on it - hence the no talking rule. 

I can still feel Sam's presence behind me, he hasn't stepped away. I feel one of his hands grab my waist and I let out an audible gasp. His other hand comes up and covers my mouth. At first, I think he must be trying to protect me from something... but then... His grip gets tighter. I can't breathe. I struggle and try to scream but the sound is pathetic and muffled. 

I kick the person behind me, using their moment of weakness to my advantage. I swing my elbow backwards and collide with something hard - ribs. I turn, and as suspected, it's not Sam and it never was. An ugly-ass vamp in need of a good beheading (and shower) clutches his stomach in agony. 

I deliver a punch to his face, then another. It's so dark I strain to see, but I can make out his bulky figure falling to the ground. "Sam! Dean! Got him!" I shout, hearing an immediate rush of footsteps in my direction. 

"Nice one!" Dean remarks, unstrapping an axe from his back. He chops off the monster's head cleanly in one quick motion. The sickening sound is one I'll never get used to.

"Are you okay?" I hear Sam ask. He places a hand on my shoulder, and I spin round. I just want to make sure it's him this time. I smile.

"Yeah, thanks. Can we go home now? My feet are killing me."