Bobby Knows - Sam

Character - Sam
Type - idiots in love
Word count - 667

Sam is driving me back from the store when his phone rings. I needed vitamins, he said he needed deodorant, although I'm not sure I ever saw him put any in the basket. 

"Can you...?" Sam asks, fishing the flip phone out of his front pocket, handing it to me. He doesn't even swerve as he drives around a sharp bend one handed, making me slightly jealous of his driving skills. 

It's Bobby. He seems surprised that I picked up, explaining that he needs to speak to us about a hunt. Since we're in the state, I call Dean to notify him of the change of plan, and we set off towards Bobby's house. It's about 45 minutes away, so I fish out my strawberry donut from one of the shopping bags. Just because I needed one thing, it doesn't mean I didn't buy a bunch more.

"How can you eat those things?"

Sam's critique is genuine, though there's amusement in his voice.

"I can eat them because they're the best food on God's green Earth?" I say simply and he smirks, showing off his dimples. They're the cutest things ever. "You're telling me you don't like them?"

"Too sweet." 

"Wow."

With my hand that's not occupied with a delicious donut, I fiddle with the radio, but don't find any songs I like. I pop in a CD, one from my teen years - nostalgic and too cheery. Sam doesn't say a word though, and I swear I see him bopping his head to one of Britney Spears' songs. 

When we arrive at Bobby's, the sky is grey and threatening rain. Hence, we hurry to the door, which swings open before we can even ring the bell.

"Hey Bobby." Sam greets, smiling as we enter the house. It smells like beer and gunpowder (I love it).  

I smile at Bobby and he reciprocates. 

"You got here quick. Good thing too, there's a son of a bitch in Iowa who's stealing babies."

Sam lets out a low whistle. 

"Can I get you kids a drink?" Bobby offers. Sam asks for a coffee and I ask for a coke.

Sam turns to me, the tiniest smirk on his lips. I speak before he can, "If you're about to lecture me on coke having like ten spoons of sugar in it, I don't wanna hear it. Let my teeth rot in peace."

His smirk broadens and he puts his hands up, "You got me," I roll my eyes. Sam's eyes flit downwards, "You've got a little," he looks at my mouth and reaches out, brushing crumbs off the sides of my lips with his thumb. Curse you, strawberry donut.

"You choose to tell me now?" I blush a little, at his touch and the revelation that I've had pastry on my face for the past half hour. 

He shrugs. "I was driving, didn't see."

"Good to know road safety trumps my dignity."

"Always." We share a smile and it takes a moment to register that Bobby is looking at us from the middle of the hallway, as if we've both just sprouted angel wings. 

"So," Bobby says, raising his eyebrows in a way that's almost accusing, "How long's this been goin' on?"

Sam frowns as he shrugs off his jacket, hanging it up by the door. "What?"

"You two," Bobby says, annoyed like it should be obvious. It takes until I make eye contact with him to realise what he means.

"Oh," my eyes widening and heat already rising in my face, "We're not-"

"Oh!" Sam finally catches on, "Yeah w-we... we're not."

Bobby studies me, his intense eyes making me flush with embarrassment. 

"Sure," he drags out the word, like he doesn't buy it for one second. Then, he leaves with an eye-roll, muttering something I don't catch. 

Sam lets out a nervous chuckle, looking as embarrassed as I feel. "Weird, huh?"

"Yeah. Weird." 

He brushes my arm as he glides past and it sends a jolt of feeling through my entire body.

If only we... were.