Bad Luck - Sam

Based on S3 episode Bad Day at Black Rock
Character: Sam (and Dean)
Type: Humour 
Word count: 458

"Okay, Sammy. Sit on that chair and don't move a muscle. Don't even scratch your nose. Y/N... try not to die."

"Thanks Dean!" she replies, flashing him a sarcastic thumbs up.

Sam rolls his eyes and Y/N smiles sympathetically. With a huff, Sam plonks himself down on the random chair Dean placed in the centre of the room. He folds his arms with the most adorable expression on his face.

Y/N pulls up a chair and sits across from him. They engage in an unspoken staring contest, that Y/N wins, because Sam looks away with a light laugh.

The three hunters are in some deep shit. Although it's hilarious, Sam has bad luck on steroids and it's going to be the death of him - literally - if they don't get that cursed rabbit's foot back. 

"So... at least we won on the scratch cards," Y/N offers, trying to be positive. 

"What are we supposed to do for the next who knows how long?" Sam complains. Then, with a mischievous glint in his eye, not unsimilar to a misbehaving child, he reaches his hand up to his nose. He scratches while maintaining eye contact with Y/N and she sighs. 

Within about three seconds of this happening, Sam's nose starts bleeding. 

"He told you!" Y/N groans, getting up and heading into the bathroom.

"I'm sorry!" Sam shouts, trying desperately to stop the flow of blood. 

"Lean your head back," Y/N commands, holding a bunch of toilet paper to Sam's bloody nose. He lets out an annoyed moan, but the tissue seems to work. "You're such an idiot."

"It's not my fault," he protests, voice muffled. 

"Shut up," she says with a smile. When the bleeding has stopped, she dumps the wad into the trashcan and takes her seat opposite to Sam. "Seriously, Sam. Don't even move. Let's... play a game that involves us sitting in these two chairs."

Sam agrees with a defeated nod, settling back into his seat.

"Eye spy?" Y/N offers.

"No."

"Fair enough... 21 questions?"

"Okay." Sam shrugs and Y/N slowly gets to her feet.

"Let me just go to the bathroom real quick."

~ a few minutes later ~

"What the actual fuck, Sam?" She exclaims at what she sees. Sam is tied to his chair with a blossoming black eye and two strange men looming over him. They turn, faces stony, and they're armed. "Woah." She puts her hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I tried to..." Sam apologies with genuine regret.

"Save it, Sam. It's okay," she sighs, before returning her gaze back to the intruders. Before she can make up an excuse, the door slams open and Dean enters, clutching the rabbit's foot. 

"Oh, this is going to be fun," Y/N smiles.