Period - Sam

Character: Sam (Dean's here too)
Type: Fluff
Word Count: 685

You shift uncomfortably in your chair, cramps distracting your mind from the research you're supposed to be doing.

"So, yeah. I think the spirit must be going for people who wronged her father. Y/n? Are you even listening?"

"Huh?" you blink and look up at Sam. "Sorry. Yeah. Vengeful spirit. Daddy issues."

"Y/n..." Sam sighs and you groan, banging your head on the bulky book in front of you. Frustration bubbles inside you as you wish you could just rip your uterus from your body. Then everything would be fine. 

"Y/n?" Sam asks, concern spiking his voice. He rests a gentle hand on your arm and squeezes. "You okay?"

"No!" you snap, "Does it look like I'm okay?"

"You didn't say anything-" he begins but he shuts up promptly when you shoot him an icy glare.

"I've been sitting here in gut-wrenching pain for the past hour, and you didn't even notice!" you cry, face flushed hot with anger and eyes a blaze of hormonal fury.

You stop, take a deep breath and lean back in your chair. "Sorry Sam," you mumble. "I'm just not having a good day."

"I understand." he says quietly, finally realising what's wrong. He shuts his book with a satisfying snap and scrapes his chair back against the library floor. "Come on."

"What?" You say, looking up. You're surprised anything has diverted Sam's attention from his precious research. You watch him retrieve his phone from his pocket, send a quick text, and slip it back into his jeans. 

"Come on," he repeats. You get up slowly, shuffling over to your boyfriend. He takes your hand in his and drags you to your bedroom. "Get in," he commands, pointing at the bed.

"Sam-" you try to protest, but he raises his eyebrows and cuts you off:

"Bed. Now."

You comply, grumbling. Sam takes off his shirt and pulls on the baggy one he sleeps in, getting into bed beside you. 

You turn to face him. 

"What are you doing?" you whisper, bumping your nose against his. He smiles. 

"Nothing until you feel better."

You sigh. "Sam... we can't stay in bed and lay off research for a whole week."

"Yeah, we can," another voice interrupts. You turn to see Dean standing in the doorway, leaning against it casually. He pushes off the frame and drops a green plastic bag onto the edge of your bed. 

He smirks, enjoying the confused expression on your face. You reach out and grab the bag, dumping its contents onto the duvet. 

"Ice cream, three spoons," you count out loud, "Painkillers, chocolate, Pitch Perfect." You look from one brother to the next. "Did you just have this stuff... lying around?"

Sam smiles. He pulls out his phone and shows you the text that he had sent moments earlier. It's to Dean and simply reads: CODE RED.

You roll your eyes but pull in Sam by the shirt for a quick kiss. Dean plops himself down on the bed, sitting with his legs crossed as he already tucks into the tub of ice-cream. 

You sniff and feel tears pricking at your eyes. Your face crumbles as a tear slips down your cheek and Sam panics.

"Y/n? Hey, what's wrong? We didn't mean to embarrass you or -"

"No, Sam it's fine," you laugh through the tears, "I just love you guys so much."

He envelopes you in a bear hug and you try to control your tear ducts.

"Aw." Dean remarks through a mouth full of chocolate.

You break away from Sam, but he keeps his hand on your back. 

"Stupid hormones. Stupid period. Stupid womanhood," you grumble, pulling your blanket up to your neck. Sam smiles and brushes a strand of hair from your face. 

"Dean, put the film in." he says, earning an annoyed glare from Dean and a mock salute. 

Sam pulls you closer and you snuggle up to him. He pops a piece of chocolate in your mouth, and it tastes heavenly. 

He doesn't need to say anything else, and neither do you. His company is enough, his arm draped around you is enough and this caring nature is more than you could have ever asked for.