Chapter 18: The One With Chris Hemsworth.

For the next couple of days, I simply ignored anything that reminded me of Shehzer. I was naively hoping that whatever happened between us was a dream; Unreal, and Impossible. That didn't change the fact that I missed him like hell. I also had to ignore Rania's avid requests for our play dates; which just about broke my heart in two. I just couldn't risk facing him for a while, or I'll end up doing something monumentally stupid; like disgracing my parents in front of everyone who knew about the engagement.

I busied myself with work, shopping and my newest project: Adiba+Ali. Even though I have known Adiba my whole entire life, it seemed like she never actually told me about her preferences in prospective husbands. Upon my seemingly innocent prodding, she only named hot, married celebrities. As far as I knew, she wanted to marry Chris Hemsworth. 

"Babe, If he was a Muslim, I'd SO DO that guy! Plus, he could totally marry me, as his second wife. *SIGH* I Don't even mind being a Sautan (second wife) As long as I can be with him." She stares dreamily into the distance.

Uh-Oh...My brother wasn't blonde, blue-eyed and built like a demi-god. Poor Ali. He had some tough competition.

"Hmm...yeah the Hemsworth brothers are total babes, but seriously Adiba...what is your husband bucket list about?"

"Husband Bucket list? what on earth are you talking about?" she stared curiously at me, over a computer screen in the design room.

"You know..."The List"...like what traits you cannot bear him to have. What traits you'd actually prefer....that type of list."

She turns back to the monitor, clicking away at the virtual book model she has created.

"Umm....he shouldn't be a smoker. Cannot abide smoking!!"

"Ahaan...go on."

"huh....let's see....He shouldn't be into all the dirty politics business that happens in our country.He should be self-made, Not relying on parents or connections to build his career....Umm...He should be cute...also, No doctors. Or Pilots. Or Army guys."

Well... that was pretty specific.

"What's wrong with doctors?" i asked defensively, Shehzer was almost becoming one.

"Well, Doctors, Pilots, and Army guys have to leave home, and family for long periods of times. I don't want my kids to go through that."

Oh...Adiba's dad was in the navy. He spent months on end aboard ships. I guess it had left a pretty big impact on my bestie. But the good news was, my brother was ticking all of her boxes. 

EMV chirps; 'Are you deaf? she says he should be cute! Ali is so doomed.' Hmm....she had a point there. 

Well, his non-attractiveness wasn't something he could help. Besides, the haircut Dragon made him get was starting to look good on him. Maybe he had a chance.

"..annnd..lastly, he should be a good dancer."

"Whaaa??"

"You heard me. I have always dreamed of dancing with my husband. I can't do that if he moves like Govinda (Indian Actor) from that funny movie...."

Uh-Oh....my brother was screwed. He couldn't dance to save his life.

.........

"Dancing? Seriously? That's what she wants?" Ali asked incredulously.

"Yep," I said, popping the "P" dramatically.

I had just informed him about Adiba's bucket list. He had been feeling cautiously optimistic until I mentioned the last one. 

"Arrgh....I guess I could learn." he said dubiously, eyeing me. "Hey, you went to art school, you should know dance right?"

"And you went to a a top-tier business school famous for their parties. Shouldn't YOU know some type of dance?"

"You know I wasn't into the whole party-school scene....please teach me please!"

I snort, "The last time someone saw me dance, they said I looked like a giraffe doing it. So NO. I can't help you. Go look up youtube videos or something."

"What? WHO SAW YOU DANCE?" He turned all protective Pakistani older brother on me.

"Ugh...The kids next door Ali. Calm down." I rolled my eyes, woah he'd probably have a cow if he knew Shehzer had seen me too. And Adiba.

"Hmm...okay, I guess I could do research." he looked depressed at the thought.

"So, what have you planned for the guitar party tomorrow?" I ask.

"Oh...yeah! its' more like a "Guitar-B-Q" party, Guitar plus barbecue *insert geeky grin*. I have begged mom to prepare the steaks, which me and the boys will grill over real coals and shit. I thought it would be cool to have it on the roof. Good food, good music."

I nodded my enthusiasm. This would be fun!

"I invited a few cousins over. You could invite Adiba.... Areeb can join in with his guitar; He plays some good shit.....Oh, and I invited Shehzer from next door."

Wait. WHAT? NONONONONO!

"WHAT? WHY? WHY would you invite HIM?"

"Huh? calm down Mina. He is a good friend, and I thought you liked him and his sister. He was totally up for it. it seems that the hospital he is doing an internship for gave him a day off, so he'd be pretty bored if I don't invite him."

"Did you tell him about my engagement?" I ask desperately

"Umm...I don't recall doing it. No...I didn't. Why? what's wrong Mina?" He asks curiously.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. everything's fine." I kept repeating that as I walked away to my room.

This was all sorts of messed up!

A/N

Description Photo: Chris Hemsworth. Because, HOT.

Okay. I'm done here.