Chapter 47 The One With All The Pins

"How do you spell Love?"-Piglet

"You don't spell it....you feel it."-Pooh (A.A.Milne)

"I feel ridiculous" I mutter sleepily under my breath as I noticed the curious hotel patrons staring at me. I must look like a clown with the heavy dress and makeup, walking into the swanky lobby at 2 in the morning.

It had taken an hour of hugging, crying, and even more hugging before my family had stuffed me in Kulsoom Nani's Lexus, that we were borrowing for the day. The dragon had insisted that we borrow her driver as well, which was excellent because neither me, nor my left-hand drive husband were qualified to drive any sort of vehicle tonight. Shehzer had wanted to talk on the way here, but I had nodded off in the middle of our conversation. I woke up snuggled up in his arms, and didn't even bother apologizing because it had felt way too nice.

"Hey! don't call my wife ridiculous." Shehzer poked me softly as he shouldered our overnight bags. "She looks beautiful."

I pinked at his words, waiting for EMV to come up with a snide response. Hmm... Nothing.

How strange.

Once we entered our suite, I turned to Shehzer. "Do you mind if I change first? I feel exhausted."

He nods back, "Yeah, you should. I was just about to suggest that."

I settled on a settee in the quaint living room area, and began tugging off pins holding the jewelry and dupatta to my hair. Shehzer slipped off his watch, and unbuttoned is kurta collar, eyeing me curiously. I sighed, twenty pins down, no idea how many more to go...

"Need help with those?" He chuckles, nodding to the growing pin mountain in front of me.

"YES. PLEASE. I thought you'd never ask!" I winced as a couple of pins snagged in my hair. Shehzer settled beside me, on the settee, making me yelp as he tugged me onto his lap. I unsuccessfully tried to control my pounding heart.

He began methodically removing the bobby pins. I could feel his breath on my neck, interspersed with the steady Plink Plink of the pins.

"Here, your dupatta is lose now." He murmured in my ear, helping me tug it off from my head. He gently removed the remaining pins holding my braid together.He fluffed my tamed hair to remove the tangles, his hands returning to massage my scalp gently for long moments. I almost died with the instantaneous relief. It had been hours since I had been stabbed with the cursed make-over ladies. I think I imagined his lips grazing my exposed neck, but I was kind of in a daze.

"Ahem. Mina?" His smiling voice broke into my impure thoughts.

"Yeah?" I turned to look into his eyes too close to my own. He was smirking.

"You can go change now. We're all de-pinned here."

I sprang away from him at that, sprinting red-faced to the restroom. I had securely locked myself in, and started tugging off the gown when I realized I had neglected to bring my overnight bag inside with me. Facepalm moment.

Why does this man turn my brain into jelly? WHY?

I was dressed in the sheer sage chemise that came with my gown, so I had to carefully unlock the door, peeking out sideways in search of Shehzer. He was lounging on the bed, typing away at his phone.

"Shehzer! I forgot my bag. Err... It's the red one." I squeaked lamely. His head whipped up, eyes round at my head sticking weirdly from the restroom door. His smirk soon returned; it stayed in place while he deliberately took his time handing me the leather saddle bag.