35

"What?"

Theodore's expression hardened.

"Then, Your Majesty, please stop Sir Yves."

"Yes, Sir Yves is a valuable talent indispensable to our knights, haha."

"Your Majesty also has a celebration soon, so give him a vacation...."

Words of protection for me continued.

'There is no need for that.'

As I was thinking so.

"Resignation is impossible."

Theodore, who snatched the resignation letter from Armin's hand, cut it off and said so.

I asked, furious at that resolute refusal.

"Why?"

"Didn't you decide to escort Miss Katarina? Are you going to ruin my engagement?"

"Haha, Your Majesty. The day after tomorrow, Miss Katarina will be escorted by Sir Bent, and Sir Yves can have a little rest......"

"There is no turning back. The woman with my child wants Yves Llewellyn as her escort. Then you have to do it."

Theodore forced me to escort his fiancée even though I was not feeling well.

For no good reason, just because that woman pointed me out. Everyone looked at him like trash. And one of those gazes was mine

Even if I'm not feeling well, do you only care about Katarina?

Even though he knew I liked him, and he knew it would hurt me.

Just because I confessed my feelings to him doesn't mean he has to like me. But, isn't there something called empathy that everyone has?

"Garbage................"

I bit my lower lip and mumbled softly.

My voice must have been heard by everyone because the surroundings were quiet. Everyone around me nodded in unison.

But the moment Theodore raised one eyebrow violently, everyone turned their heads away from his gaze.

"Anyway, resignation is impossible."

Theodore tore up my resignation letter and threw it away.

"Don't try to fool around and work. Follow me."

Because I didn't think my resignation would be easily accepted anyway, I nodded with a brief sigh and followed him.

"Theo!"

Katarina, who got off the carriage in the distance, smiled brightly

and ran into his arms.

"Oh, you have to be careful, my fiancée. What if the baby in your stomach is startled?"

Theodore hugged her tenderly and kissed her on the top of her head.

He had a smile on his face unlike when he looked at me.

"But my baby is telling me that he wants to see his dad soon."

Katarina, who was dangling from Theodore's arm and acting cute, looked very happy. Theodore leaned towards her, stroking Katarina's belly, and greeted the baby in a relaxed voice.

I glanced at it and glanced at my belly. In the end, it was pitiful for my child, who could only be an illegitimate child, who was growing inside me.

'It's okay, baby. Mother will love you a lot.'