54

**

Immediately after, Yvonne grabbed the man by the neck and disappeared.

Erwin and Odelia, along with Laura, waited for Yvonne in the square.

"A while ago, when Jelriko defeated Tturaego (Dragon). It was really cool, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it's so cool! Lia wants to be a squirrel when I grow up!"

"I've heard from Derek that if you collect a thousand acorns, you can become a squirrel!"

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"Let's go pick up acorns!"

"We have to wait until autumn to pick up acorns."

"Oh..."

Odelia's eyebrows drooped.

"I'm going to pick up acorns for Lia, only the good ones..."

"Lia, would you like to hug Jelriko?"

As Odelia was depressed, Erwin held up the squirrel doll he had been holding tightly in his arms the whole time.

"Jelriko?"

"Yes, don't cry!"

Erwin said in a friendly voice, as his mother often does when comforting them.

"Oooh! Ok!"

Odelia nodded her head and smiled broadly.

However, Erwin's hands trembled as he was about to hand Odelia his squirrel doll.

If he now hands over his Jericho doll to appease Odelia, he will definitely not get it back.

Erwin knew it intuitively.

When Erwin stiffened while handed over the squirrel doll, Odelia asked, tilting her head.

"Er, won't you give me a Jelriko?"

"Come on, wait a minute...... "

Erwin hesitated and closed his eyes tightly.

Riiip,

Then he ripped off the toy dagger that was glued to the paw of the squirrel doll made of cloth.

Then he took the dagger and handed only the doll to Odelia.

"Here..."

"Kyaaaa! Jelriko is so cute!"

It was when Odelia laughed bashfully and rubbed her cheek at the squirrel doll.

thud!

The two children's eyes turned round at the strong vibration. There was a loud noise and people were screaming.

Laura was the first to respond.

Fear lingered in Laura's eyes as she turned to the side where the sound was coming from.

"Oh my gosh......!"

She cried in a trembling voice.

"Master Erwin! Lady Odelia! We must run away!"

Before she could finish her words, Laura started running, holding Erwin and Odelia's hands.

"Why, why, Laura?"

"Don't look back, run!"

From afar, a huge monster was approaching the square with a thumping sound.

Erwin and Odelia could not look back at the terrifying sound, and ran together with their small lips pressed tightly.