Chapter 6

I yanked frustratingly at the collar of my shirt, forcing one of the buttons to pop open.

"Tell me once again why you dragging me out here again."

Sebastian gave a hearty laugh from behind his menu. "Why must there be a reason? Can't I just drag my friend out because I missed seeing him and figured that he was coop himself indoors for the weekend if he had it his way?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, making him shiver in his seat.

He nervously diverted his eyes and raised his menu— a ridiculously pink and flowery menu— a bit higher as he mumbled, "Ok, so maybe I just want to try out a new popular dessert shop and figured that the fastest way to get in was to bring the Nikolaos name."

That sounded more like the truth.

I sighed as I rolled up my sleeves. "And why did you stuff me in this get-up? Couldn't I have just worn one of my own shirts?"

He had arrived bright and early at my apartment this morning with a loud and sudden announcement that he was taking me for some 'Sunday morning fun.' Without telling me where we were going, he shoved a bag into my arms and pushed me into the bathroom with a single instruction to get changed before dragging me out of my building.

It wasn't any weird outfit by any means, just a pair of dress pants with a white button-up shirt. The problem was with how tight, and slim-fitting everything was. The pants hugged my thighs like a secondary layer of skin and the shirt was so stretched out against my chest that buttons were practically threatening to pop open at moment.

Sebastian chuckled lowly under his breath and poked his head out from just over the top of the menu with a villainous-looking glimmer in his eyes. "You should know this by own, my dear friend Mr. Nikoloas. In today's fast consumeristic society, people can immediately place value on items with a glance. It's all based on first impressions. In other words, you could say the business world runs off of good-old natural looks. And I, the ever-changing entrepreneur, know how to take advantage of today's trends to push myself ahead of the pack."

I deadpanned at his horrendous speech full of only bullshit that he pulled out of his ass.

"Hey! You shouldn't glare at your only friend like that." He pouted and grumbled, "You're always no fun. Can't you just play along with me and help me get free stuff? The waitresses always give us extra stuff or specials whenever you join me. I'm just giving them a bit more eye candy than usual."

My eyes twitched at his words.

But, before I could chastise him, a waitress walked up to our table and cheerily chirped, "Good morning, gentlemen! Are you ready to order?"

Sebastian instantly perked up, ignoring me, and turned on his flirting habits. "Yes, we are. Can I get a chocolate drizzled cream puff, one slice of your famous fluffy cheesecake, a piece of the strawberry rhubarb Napolean and a matcha latte?"

She nodded happily. "Anything else?"

"Ah, my friend doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, but do you mind if I get your numbers to go? You seem just as wonderfully sweet as the rest of the desserts in this shop and I am currently looking for something tasty to carry me over in the afternoon." Propping his chin up, he looked up at her and shot her one of his award-winning smiles, making her instantly swoon at the sight and me feel like puking.

"U-um, s-sure. That would be nice. M-Maybe we can meet up after my shift." She stuttered with an uncontrollable blush. She hastily gathered the menus before scurrying out of sight, nearly tripping over her feet after everything that had just happened.