Chapter 66

"On file, she is currently married to Henry Albedo and has only son named Liam— age 24 and in the process of taking over the family business. She does not seem to come from any major family and was simply married into the Albedo family."

I glanced briefly over the pictures as Lukas gave his report.

Olivia Albedo...

I didn't recognize her from any of the events involving the families, but she also didn't have any features that particularly stood out. She had simple short dark hair and brown eyes. Not too tall and not too short. Not very large nor too thin. Even down to her name, she seemed average.

Her husband wasn't anything particularly interesting either—dirty blonde hair with dull eyes. A lean stature without much confidence. Even their son looked just as plain, being a simple mix between the two.

I thumbed passed the first page and asked, "What about off the paper?"

Lukas shuffled nervously for a moment before handing me a packet of headshots. "It's not for certain, but there are rumors that she'a quite well acquainted with the men from the other families..."

I cocked an eyebrow, "As in?"

He cleared his throat awkwardly, "Apparently, some of the other wives think she's quite familiar with them in the bed..."

Oh...

I shuffled through a couple of the pictures—the previous head of the Bardot family, the eldest son of the Hansley family, the head of the Anderson family, the heir of the Wilsons, and more, including people that I recognized as my father's buddies.

But there was one that stood out to me in particular: the current head of the Chancellor family, the father of the idiot who thought it would be alright to disrespect my Belle in front of me.

Theo didn't share many features with Olivia Albedo, but now that I thought about it, his dark hair and bone structure did resemble James Chancellor a bit...

But if that was true, then was Theo a hidden illegitimate child between the two? Did Chancellor even know about Theo's existence or did Albedo keep Theo hidden from him too? Did she have a particular reason for going after Chancellor besides his social status? But she threw Theo out when he was just a two year old, so was Theo just an accident as the fruit of a love affair that she wanted to get rid of? Then why would she come out now? She could've easily stayed off my radar by simply not speaking to Belle at the tailor's?

I rubbed my forehead tiredly.

"Sir, would like me to investigate her some more? I can't guarantee being able to find more about her, but I could still at least try."

I shook my head. "It's fine, Lukas. She's probably quite thorough with covering her tracks if even you couldn't find anything useful on your first comb through."

He nodded solemnly.

Glancing at the clock, I stood up from my chair and grabbed my coat. It was six o'clock already, the time when I told Belle that I would head home at. I didn't know why she was so persistent about knowing my departure time today, but I was already tired of all this drama and just wanted to go home to my angels.

Dismissing Lukas with one final command, I instructed, "Schedule a dinner with the newest heads or the upcoming successor of each family on the board. Use some excuse about meeting up to exchange reports of each other's current statuses. Make sure the Albedo successor attends."

Lukas nodded as he scribbled down a quick note of my instructions. "What about your wedding? You're getting married this weekend and you're going to be out of country afterwards for your honeymoon."