Chapter 51

"Mrs. Nikoloas, I appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure if this would make an appropriate present..."

"Nonsense, sweetheart! I'm sure he would be more than delighted to see you in something like this as a little Christmas present." She waved my words off as she spun me around to face the mirror in the fitting room.

I nervously tugged at the hem of a very short and very see through light lavender baby doll outfit that just barely reached the edge of my bottom. Intricate lacing lined the edges of the cups and the hems of the outfit, elegantly just barely covering up my private parts but revealing all else.

I tried very hard to change Mrs. Nikoloas mind, but once her mind was made up, she was set on seeing it through and dragged me all the way to a tiny boutique specializing in unique pieces of lingerie. Luckily, I managed to send Theo away to a nearby coffee shop to wait with his tablet before Mrs. Nikoloas arrived at the shop.

It was already embarrassing enough that Mrs. Nikoloas was helping me pick out lingerie to entice her son, but the outfit itself only added to my embarrassment even more.

It was a very beautiful outfit and I was sure that it would've looking insanely sexy on anyone else, but I couldn't help feeling like it was so out of place on me.

I was just an inch shy of the 5 feet mark with stubby legs, much too short to be seen as enticing in such in an outfit. To add on, my frame was much thinner than most all those beautifully tall model. The cups of the smallest babydoll outfit hung loosely over my a-cup breast and only made me feel like a child goofily trying on my mother's clothes.

I hesitantly glanced up from the mirror at Mrs. Nikoloas, trying to come up with the words to change her mind about this so called present for Demetri. But, she had such a joyous expression that the words remained stuck in my throat.

I was glad that I didn't freak out when Mrs. Nikoloas suddenly yanked open the curtains to see the outfit on me, probably because I saw her as a harmless elderly lady, but would I ever be able to do the same with Demetri? To show this much skin in front of him without falling into a panic attack?

I knew in my mind that he would never do anything to make me uncomfortable, but my body didn't seem to understand that...

I wanted to be confident and find the courage to do such a thing... wear a beautiful piece of garments and show my fiancé that I could be sexy too... but...

Did he even see me in that way? He only ever called me cute or adorable or maybe an occasional beautiful, but it was never anything in the realm of being sexually attractive...

To add on, he hasn't tried to get close to me again since I nearly hyperventilated from only having his hand rest on my thigh underneath my nightgown...

Only innocent kisses without any wandering hands at all...

I paled at the thought.

It was already hard enough to compete with all those models and celebrities who probably hung around him at all his photoshoots and fancy galas. What if I turned him off so badly that I extinguished what little feelings he had for my feeble body?

As my thoughts started to spiral, a loud screech pulled me out of my thoughts as the curtain of the neighboring fitting room rolled open. Just like in my imaginations, a breathtakingly woman with sleek, pin straight black hair stepped out of the fitting room in a two piece, black, lace lingerie. She strode out so confident in the bra that perfectly cupped her full breasts, just barely covering her areoles, and underwear that also left little of her bubble bottom to the imaginations.

Her eyes widened when she caught sight of me. But unlike my awkward mannerism, she still gave me a little wave and greeted me ever so politely, "Hi, Arabelle. How have you been doing? I've been feeling a tad too embarrassed to visit the Nikoloas household after my poor behavior at the last dinner but I never expected to run into you here... Hehe, it really quite a coincidence..." Although her words were polite, her weak laughter slowly died down as her eyes trailed down my outfit. Her mouth dropped onto a small circle. "Oh... You must be preparing for Demetrius's birthday, right? He'll be... very happy..."