Chapter 70

"D-Demtri, n-not t-there... P-people are g-going to see..."

I panted heavily as he continued his assault on the sweet spot right above my neckline along my jaw. But he paid no mind as he continued to trail hot, open-mouthed kisses up along my neck until he finally captured my lips.

We had just gotten in the car taking us from the ceremony to the reception site. I knew that Demetri had gotten a bit restless with how many pictures his friends and family wanted to take at the chapel. He was quite happy with taking the first few photos with me and then with Theo in the frame too, but he started getting a bit fidgety when his mother started making him pose for different pictures with his family and friends.

I just didn't realize how antsy he felt until now, now that we were finally alone.

His hand slid smoothly under the edge of my dress, slowly hiking it up my leg as he continued to distract me with his kisses. It was almost as if he was trying to devour me.

By the time he pulled away, I was left completely breathlessly, panting heavily as I desperately tried to catch my breath. But he seemed completely unaffected as he continued his attack, lovingly pressing a series of up along the side of my face.

Huffing heavily, all I could manage was a small plea. "M-Metri... S-slow down..."

Parting from his trance ever so slightly, his kisses obeyed my command as he lightened up on his hold and kissed me much more tenderly than before.

His hand rested calmly on my bare thigh as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, keeping me firmly planted in his lap. A small hum in contentedness rumbled out of his chest as he brushed the tip of his nose against the most sensitive spots along my neck, muttering softly, "You're actually all mine now... My wifey..."

I blushed at his words. I knew that he loved me, but it was still a bit embarrassing to hear just how much he adored me...

To think he could be so happy that he let all of his barriers down and turned into a giant kitten nuzzling up against me for affection.

I stroked his head softly and whispered in reply, "I'll be yours for the rest of our lives... There is no need to rush, Metri..."

He hummed softly in thought as his nose brushed against the tip of my ear, making me squeeze my thighs together as he fanned the heat between my legs with such a simple action.

Taking no note of the effect he had on me, he continued on and grumbled, "I just wish we didn't have to go to the reception... I just want to spend alone time with my new beautiful wife... Not entertain a bunch of pests..."

I giggled softly as he spat out his last word with such distaste. "Metri, we should at least stay until the cake is cut. Your parents put a lot of effort into it to celebrate our marriage."

He sighed and muttered unhappily, "Fine... But I can't promise anything if one of them decides to test my patience today..."

Even though I didn't particularly want to step into a room where all the other girls would glare at me for marrying the man they wanted, I couldn't let Demetri anger his business partners for ditching his own event.

Trying to lift his spirits ever so slightly, I offered, "What if for every ten minutes, you stay on your best behavior, I'll give you a kiss?"

He let out an amused puff of air and questioned, "You're going to make your husband work for his kisses?"

"Well..." I twiddled with my finger sheepishly, "Don't you think it would work as a good motivator?"

He chuckled softly and nodded, "Of course, it would, as long as the kisses are coming from you. I'll be sure to collect them on the dot."