NINETEEN - A NEW CAR

Seven days had passed since Tony and Sasha shared their first kiss, and in the time since, an infinite number of kisses had been shared between the two of them.

They'd not had an official conversation about what was going to happen next, rather deciding to let things happen naturally which seemed to work for both of them.

Sasha insisted on still taking up the tenancy in the apartment she'd found not far away, telling Tony that the worst thing they could do was to get in over their heads about things, despite his persistent urges to get her to stay in the tower.

She had considered it, knowing that there was more than enough rooms in the Stark Tower for them to practically live separate lives without knowing the other was there, but Sasha liked her own space regardless. Having her own home was important to her and thriving on independence gave her a huge sense of achievement, the same way it always had done.

Starting what was potentially a love affair with Tony Stark wasn't going to change the way Sasha saw herself. She was still a successful, driven, independent woman working at a top law firm in New York City, though one thing she didn't have that she did before, was a Lamborghini.

"And here are you keys. Have a great afternoon, Miss Coulson. Oh and remember, if you're not happy with anything, just give us a call and we'll be happy to sort any problems out for you."

"Thank you, I appreciate all your help. Take care now."

Sasha took the keys to her new car from the sales assistant with a grateful smile, one that was mirrored on his face, knowing the amount of commission he would receive that month had just increased.

The Lamborghini that stood before her was almost identical to the one she'd owned before the first attack on New York turned everything she owned into dust, except this time, the finish was glossy black instead of matte, with tinted windows and a black grill and alloys instead of silver.

The interior smelled like fresh leather and clean carpets as Sasha started the engine, a deep growl and smooth hum made her smile, relaxing as she adjusted the seat and the wheel, sliding an air freshener around the rear view mirror and slipping a photograph of herself and Phil that she'd kept in her purse into the sun visor above her head.

It was early December and the roads were clear of snow that Friday evening, making the drive from the car dealership back into New York City easy.

Sasha had taken the afternoon off work to pick up her new car after Tony had convinced her that she was allowed to have a couple of hours off for herself, even though the idea of it initially felt like a crime.

She couldn't remember the last time she took time off for a vacation, let alone something like picking up a car, though as the clock on her dashboard showed four-thirty and she realised she had no responsibilities for the rest of the day, Sasha began to like the feeling of being free from the heavy shackles of law.

Sasha parked her car in the garage beneath her new apartment building, taking the elevator up to the top floor where this time, she had purchased the penthouse. Her apartment here was different to her old one, with darker wood finishing and cold, hardwood floors instead of carpets. The furniture was sleek black leather instead of white and chrome finishings gave the place a high-end, luxury feel rather than cosy and homely.

She hadn't had time to add too many personal touches to her new home, but Sasha loved the way it felt. Large windows let in huge amounts of light to counteract the darkness of the furnishings and a huge fire place added some warmth to the place, a space to the left of it was where Sasha planned to have her Christmas tree once she eventually found the time to buy all the decorations.