FIFTY FOUR - THE WINDOW

disclaimer 🌶️🌶️🌶️ !!

"The jury were debating for maybe, 2 minutes? We barely had time to grab a drink before court was back in session and they were sending that guy down for life, all thanks to Sasha."

Tony turned his head to look at Sasha, admiration and pride pooling in his dark eyes beneath the dimmed light of an overpriced restaurant in Manhattan.

She stayed looking across the table at Ryan Taylor as he recalled the story, a humble happiness radiating from a shy smile, her cheeks red with embarrassment at the praise.

"God, isn't she incredible? Finest lawyer New York City's ever had, at least in our lifetime."

Sasha glanced at Tony then, feeling his hand squeeze her thigh beneath the table. She smiled at him, her heart swelling whenever he complemented her on her work. She placed a hand on top of his, wrapping her fingers around his knuckles that gave him an instant comfort.

"Damn right she is, the firm's win rate would way lower without you, Sasha."

Relishing in praise had always been fulfilling to Sasha, though she was equally adverse to receiving it. She wasn't one to know how to act when she was paid a complement, and that hadn't changed over the years as she began to hear them more and more.

"Ryan talks about you all the time," Vanessa Taylor said, "You sure do make his life a lot easier at work."

"I'd be nothing if it wasn't for Ryan's mentoring, he's taught me so much over these years."

"Come on Sasha, stop being so humble for once, you know this is in your blood, you've been a natural from the beginning."

Ryan nodded at her with knowing eyes and a smile, tipping his wine glass in her direction before taking a sip. Sasha just chuckled, shaking her head once.

"I'll bet," Tony smirked, pulling off his blue-lenses glasses with one hand while his other remained on his fiancée's thigh, "Always gets what she wants, no point arguing."

The way Tony was unapologetically head over heels in love with Sasha, and had no problem letting the world know, was enough to make even the coldest of hearts melt. He was confident in his love for her and comfortable enough to make himself vulnerable by declaring it, always having a hand touching her or stealing a kiss whenever the opportunity presented itself, and if it didn't, Tony would do it anyway.

There wasn't a better feeling on earth to Tony than being able to love Sasha unconditionally, and seeing the way her cheeks would blush pink and her eyes would glow tenderly at his touch or a soft kiss only willed him stronger, wanting to give her that sensation for the rest of his life just so he could see her smile.

"As much as I love all of this, my ego doesn't need feeding any more, trust me," Sasha laughed quietly and picked up her glass of white wine, "Tonight is to celebrate both of us, together, right?"

Glancing around the table, the light caught the ring on Sasha's finger as she took a sip from the glass. Tony watched, feeling complete for this first time in his life as he looked at Sasha with the engagement ring shining on her left hand, knowing that she was all for him, forever. There was nothing else in the world he could wish for.

"Right," Ryan said, "A toast, to the happy couple. Congratulations on your engagement, and to what I imagine will be the best wedding the world has ever seen."

All four of them raised their glasses in the centre of the tables and clinked them together, Tony pressing his lips to Sasha's cheek before taking a sip of his wine, that same pale pink returning to her skin at the action.