SIXTY THREE - VEGAS

[disclaimer 🌶️🌶️!!!]

It turned out that while Sasha thought Tony's suggestion of a trip to Vegas was a spur of the moment joke to try and make her feel better about what had happened, the superhero was being more than serious about a few days away from New York.

Tony had gone home later that Friday evening and Sasha had been crudely awoken by the blaring of her intercom on Saturday morning. She answered it with hazy eyes that remained closed and a Stark Industries sweater pulled on backwards, still half asleep as she stumbled towards the front door.

Henry notified her from the lobby that Tony had arrived and he needed permission to let him up to her floor. Sasha perked up at the mention of his name, hoping her fiancée was going to surprise her with her favourite breakfast bagel and a fresh coffee.

And while he did turn up at her door with those two exact things, he also wasted no time in telling her to pack a suitcase because the private jet was leaving JFK in two hours.

Stressed was an understatement to Sasha, she didn't do spontaneity like Tony did, feeling much more comfortable having everything planned out in advance. Despite that initial surge of anxiety, however, excitement soon replaced the flutters in her chest as she threw in a random assortment of clothes into a suitcase and wolfed down her bagel within a matter of minutes.

Happy dropped the two of them off at JFK airport and while Sasha was used to flying business class whenever she had to take a flight, surpassing the usual terminal all together was an entirely different feeling than just skipping the economy queue.

The flight was a little under five hours though the journey felt like minutes to Sasha, feeling at home in the luxury leather seats of Tony's jet and being served ice cold vintage champagne in a glass that kept getting refilled by the stewardess.

Tony's mind had been plagued with the idea of dismissing the cabin crew for a while and introducing Sasha to the mile high club on their flight across the country, but as he sat opposite her and watched just how comfortable she looked gazing out of the window with a drink in her hand, he was perfectly content doing nothing but looking at her.

After a smooth journey, they landed safely in Las Vegas and headed straight for Caesar's Palace, Sasha sitting with her face almost pressed up against the car window as they drove through the city, amazed by a place she'd only ever seen photographs of before.

Unpacking took an hour or so and Tony happily sat and helped Sasha decide which bikini to wear before they headed to a private cabana by the pool, another bottle of champagne on ice sat waiting for them out of the glare of the fierce Nevada sun.

Seeing Sasha on vacation had taken Tony by surprise. He wasn't sure what he'd expected, but after only knowing his fiancée as a woman who worked like she needed it to breathe, he'd never really considered what it would be like to sit beside her on a sun lounger and sip piña coladas.

That being said, Tony thought Sasha looked at home in the golden sun, enjoying the way heat waves shimmered across her body as she lay with her eyes closed, tanning oil making it hard for him to control his thoughts as he kept stealing glances at her while she slept.

He loved seeing Sasha in different lights, taking pleasure in the small things like rubbing sunscreen on her shoulders and watching her read a book with sunglasses on, things he'd never seen the woman he loved do before. Tony was completely mesmerised by her, and the way she acknowledged his longing stares with small laughs and shakes of her head only made him fall deeper in love.

Four hours, lots of alcohol and a cold shower later, Tony found himself sat at the bar in the hotel with a Negroni in front of him, completely content inside without even a flicker of conflict or torment brewing inside his mind, a peaceful solace had consumed him that day.